Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Exit Dolphin with controller?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know of an easy way to exit Dolphin with the controller/gamepad ?
I don't think there's a direct mapping in Dolphin, but you could always use a program like xpadder to assign key combinations to your gamepad. You could easily bind the escape key and the enter key to two unused buttons, or I think alt f4 will just quit. My only concern with doing such a thing is it'll work in all programs, plus there's the chance you could accidentally hit the button while playing.
(10-29-2014, 12:07 AM)ThePokeman92 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's a direct mapping in Dolphin, but you could always use a program like xpadder to assign key combinations to your gamepad. You could easily bind the escape key and the enter key to two unused buttons, or I think alt f4 will just quit. My only concern with doing such a thing is it'll work in all programs, plus there's the chance you could accidentally hit the button while playing.

I don't know if xpadder can do it, but with antimicro(https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro ) you can set up key combinations to execute after a button is held for a set amount of time. I have mine setup to enter the key combo alt + f4 one time after the xbox button has been held down for 3 seconds. This prevents me from accidentally exiting a game.
(10-29-2014, 12:07 AM)ThePokeman92 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's a direct mapping in Dolphin, but you could always use a program like xpadder to assign key combinations to your gamepad. You could easily bind the escape key and the enter key to two unused buttons, or I think alt f4 will just quit. My only concern with doing such a thing is it'll work in all programs, plus there's the chance you could accidentally hit the button while playing.

Hey mate

Thanks!
XPadder solved it Smile