Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSB-Can't Save Game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded dolphin and had been playing SSBB for a while. I then found out about the included Netplay and wanted to play with some friends. I didn't have all the characters unlocked, so I decided to look for a save file that I could use to have all of the characters and maps unlocked for me and my friends to play with. I tried to install the save but it didn't work so I just scrapped everything and started a new save file to find that when I close the game and re-open it, the game asks me to make a new save every time I open it, no matter what I do. Basically the game wont save. Any help?
Try moving your Dolphin Emulator folder from Documents folder to the Desktop. Next time you start Dolphin it should be a clean slate.

As for getting all the characters, enable cheats, right click on brawl, properties>gecko codes>download codes. Scroll down about 1/4 of the way and check unlock every thing. Start brawl. click through the many screens. end brawl. disable cheats. send friend the copy of your Dolphin Emulator Folder.
(10-24-2014, 10:01 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try moving your Dolphin Emulator folder from Documents folder to the Desktop. Next time you start Dolphin it should be a clean slate.

As for getting all the characters, enable cheats, right click on brawl, properties>gecko codes>download codes. Scroll down about 1/4 of the way and check unlock every thing. Start brawl. click through the many screens. end brawl. disable cheats. send friend the copy of your Dolphin Emulator Folder.

I moved all the Dolphin Emulator files onto the desktop giving dolphin a clean slate. I started the game and made a new save, did a quick match on the game, and then turned it off. When I reloaded the game, It still wanted to make a new save file.
Actually, I think saving is disabled in the netplay branch (I might be wrong, I think there was a thread similar to that the other day, but I can't find it). Try the latest dev build to see if you can make a save file first, and then play using the netplay branch
(10-24-2014, 10:37 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I think saving is disabled in the netplay branch (I might be wrong, I think there was a thread similar to that the other day, but I can't find it). Try the latest dev build to see if you can make a save file first, and then play using the netplay branch

I downloaded the latest Dev build and launched brawl. It's been creating a save file for 15 minutes now. Im not sure if it will finish at all, but while it has progressed in the 15 minutes, its taking forever.
Yeah, something to do with the way it's writing data, as the Wii uses flash based nand (or something along those lines). If you were on a SSD drive it would be as about as fast as the real Wii.
(10-24-2014, 11:11 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, something to do with the way it's writing data, as the Wii uses flash based nand (or something along those lines). If you were on a SSD drive it would be as about as fast as the real Wii.

How much space would a couple Gamecube and wii save files take up? I have an SSD but its only got about 6.45GB free
I believe it's only the Dolphin Folder and Dolphin.exe folder, but I could be wrong. As for Brawl, mine is an uncompressed disk and its about 8 GB.

Just wait it out, it will eventually make the file
(10-24-2014, 11:19 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it's only the Dolphin Folder and Dolphin.exe folder, but I could be wrong. As for Brawl, mine is an uncompressed disk and its about 8 GB.

Just wait it out, it will eventually make the file

I tried a bunch of stuff and Ive concluded that Dolphin DC-Netplay 4.0-652 simply doesnt save or use saves for wii games. Oh well.