Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nvidia's Battey Boost and Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, is anyone aware of Nvidia's Battery Boost application for the 800M series GPUs? I noticed while trying to game with Dolphin on the battery that the GPU driver was kicking in and forcing a 30fps even on cutscenes and video playback on dolphin (Which is rendered in 60fps, thereby cutting the emulator to 50% speed. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to whitelist Dolphin as an application to not throttle, or do I have to manually adjust the settings every time I want to play dolphin on the battery?
Only owning a 700M series card I don't have to deal with Battery Boost. However, it may follow the traditional way of forcing high performance.
Open the Nvidia Control Panel and make a profile for Dolphin to use the high performance Nvidia card and to prefer maximum performance instead of adaptive.
(10-24-2014, 09:56 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Only owning a 700M series card I don't have to deal with Battery Boost. However, it may follow the traditional way of forcing high performance.
Open the Nvidia Control Panel and make a profile for Dolphin to use the high performance Nvidia card and to prefer maximum performance instead of adaptive.

Sadly it is not a part of the nvidia control panel, it is part of GeForce Experience and is separate. It would have been awesome if it was part of the CP, because then I could easily implement per-application settings. There are no advanced options in the Experience UI, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to manually edit a config somewhere. I doubt it but I'd rather ask and find out no than not ask if the answer was yes Tongue