Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Per game requirements table?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nubie

For what I've seen an AMD X2 4000+ (oc'ed to 5000+ ~ 3GHz) and 3 or 4GB of DDR2 800MHz RAM with my existing ATI 3450 gfx would be sufficient enough for a non-demanding game like say wii sports to emulate @ 30fps gameplay...am I wrong in my assumption plz?

So Is there somewhere something like a table of requirements per game (for AMD and for INTEL processors for achieving minimum 30fps gameplay)? If not could there be a sticky thread made with just such info...or maybe some explanation what makes one game require more then the other? Just my 2cents...dissmiss me if my n00b-ines is out of line....

TIA
You want are asking to create requirements for each game? Man, every game works just unlike another: some games work perfectly, when some don't boot at all, some games work without sound, some without graphics and so on. It would be looooooooooooooooooooooooooong thread.
While having a requirement list would be great, the development of Dolphin would have it to be rewritten often... so untill the emulator is nearing compeltion, it would be a tough job to keep track on.
(04-04-2009, 01:39 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]While having a requirement list would be great, the development of Dolphin would have it to be rewritten often... so untill the emulator is nearing compeltion, it would be a tough job to keep track on.

Not to mention that games perform differently each revision.
Yea, while having the requirement list would be nice, It likely is not going too happen, and so we are forced too Generalize the requirements, so I reference you too here: System requirements <.<
So try too base each game depending on what you hear from the forums or a specific game, and how well it might run, so that's the most I can tell you, just read about the game, see how well it is emulated and try it =)