Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Huge slowdown in LoZ Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Running the latest (as of now) Dolphin version and tried to play Twilight Princess on it
I just recently discovered Dolphin and are hoping to be able to play my Wii games with that now (the upscaling <3 )

But just before entering Faron Woods the first time I got a fps drop, and it won't go up again. It was at the same time I entered the little sidepath in the dark tunnel thingie that leads to a chest with a yellow rupee in it
I dropped from 30 to 24 first, but when entering Faron Woods it went to 20. Lowering the "graphics" and stuff didn't give me more than 22-23 fps

What is going on? Quite unplayable below 30
You shouldn't be hitting slowdowns so soon.
Take some pictures of your Dolphin setup (config tabs and graphics tabs)

Do you have Dolphin set as a high performance profile under AMD catalyst?

This is something for later in the game, but it may help your situation.
Right-click on Twilight princess, and go to properties>patches and enable the Twilight Princess patch.
That's one of the areas with the minimap shenanigans. If you're using a version of the game that the Twilight Princess Hack doesn't work on, then there's nothing we can do, unfortunately. It should work on revision 1.00 of the Wii NTSC release in areas that suffer that slowdown.
When should we see a patch for the NTSC version of the game.
when someone feels like translating the patch's memory addresses, I guess. It works on my 1.00 Wii NTSC disc... so, I don't know when the more common disc will be added.
Ah, is there any legal way for me to get hold of the 1.00 Wii disc?

And how can I now which version I have at hand?

EDIT: It says that it is revision 0, I would believe that means 1.00?
Also the hyrule fix thingie, if I turn it on the game wont start, I get "Poke Z not implemented (tried to poke z value 0 at (0,0))"
You probably already have it. Did you try enabling the patch?
Yes I tried, the game wont start then (se edit abbove)
First check your disc to see what version of the game you have, since you could just have a bad dump. This site should shed some light on it: http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showth...ed-version
It seems like it is effective all of the foreste/Faron Woods now that it has been "activated". I continued playing and everytime there was some cutscene of sort from the Faron Woods area the fps dropped to 22~
(Still very early in the game, just talked to Ordona (The first light spirit you meet)
Pages: 1 2 3