Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How Do You Check Wii Disc Integrity in Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is apparently a feature in Dolphin but I can't figure out how to access it. I know I can compute a MD5 checksum but I think this feature is supposed to do more than that as far as I can tell.
Compute the md5, and put it into google. If you get taken to that game's page on rawdump or gametdb, then the dump is good. Otherwise it isn't.
(10-21-2014, 08:02 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Compute the md5, and put it into google. If you get taken to that game's page on rawdump or gametdb, then the dump is good. Otherwise it isn't.

Yes I know how to do that.

I'm asking because this issue report: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=6498 implies that Wii games have an option to check integrity within Dolphin while GameCube games don't. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just misunderstanding the Dolphin functionality or if I just haven't been able to figure out how to use it.
(10-21-2014, 08:51 AM)Pringo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2014, 08:02 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Compute the md5, and put it into google. If you get taken to that game's page on rawdump or gametdb, then the dump is good. Otherwise it isn't.

I'm asking because this issue report: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=6498 implies that Wii games have an option to check integrity within Dolphin while GameCube games don't. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just misunderstanding the Dolphin functionality or if I just haven't been able to figure out how to use it.

Right click the game. Go to filesystem and then right click the partition. From there click check partition integrity.

It's better just to check the md5 though, as checking the partition integrity isn't entirely accurate. Hope this helps! Smile
An MD5 hash is more accurate than AES encryption and RSA signing w/SHA1? That's news.
(10-21-2014, 09:20 AM)Invader Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2014, 08:51 AM)Pringo Wrote: [ -> ]

Right click the game. Go to filesystem and then right click the partition. From there click check partition integrity.

It's better just to check the md5 though, as checking the partition integrity isn't entirely accurate. Hope this helps! Smile

Yeah that looks like what I was trying to find. Thanks.
(10-21-2014, 10:18 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]An MD5 hash is more accurate than AES encryption and RSA signing w/SHA1? That's news.

Sorry, I just remember reading when the feature was added that it could cause false negatives (or was it false positives?). I don't always know what I'm talking about. Just trying my best to help. Tongue