Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem playing WAD files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Solid_Contact

I haven't looked into the different configurations of Dolphin too much, but I think there is a simple tweak I may be overlooking.

I have a wad file of Mega Man 9 and when I open the directory and select the file, the game windows shows up and it says "The Wad has been installed successfully" and instantly disappears.

I'm currently using version 4.0.2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
First off use the latest dev builds. Better accuracy and speed.

When using wads, I think after you install them you need to open them from the directory, as I dont think they show up in the Dolphin list

Solid_Contact

(10-20-2014, 10:07 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]First off use the latest dev builds. Better accuracy and speed.

When using wads, I think after you install them you need to open them from the directory, as I dont think they show up in the Dolphin list

Dev builds? As far as I know I'm using the latest release. I'm not aware of any additional software needed.
Drag the wad onto Dolphin instead of installing it. Installing it puts it onto Dolphin's Wii menu.
AFAIK, you can play a WAD...

a) By directly opening it as an ISO (either by going to File => Open or by launching it from Dolphin's Game List)
b) By installing it with Tools => Install WAD then loading it through Wii Menu (however that method works only in recent development builds and you should also install Wii Menu WAD of the same region of the WAD you're trying to play)
(10-20-2014, 10:24 AM)Solid_Contact Wrote: [ -> ]Dev builds? As far as I know I'm using the latest release. I'm not aware of any additional software needed.

These are the latest Dolphin builds.
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Solid_Contact

(10-20-2014, 12:20 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK, you can play a WAD...

a) By directly opening it as an ISO (either by going to File => Open or by launching it from Dolphin's Game List)
b) By installing it with Tools => Install WAD then loading it through Wii Menu (however that method works only in recent development builds and you should also install Wii Menu WAD of the same region of the WAD you're trying to play)

This was able to work perfectly. Thank you. Smile