Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What external hardware is required to use dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

XperianPro

Hi,sadly I dont own wii but I managed to get my PC connected to TV so I decided to play some wii games,I guess wii games need remote so will http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1963668732.html Wii remote motion plus do the work,will all games work with it?

Also whats sensor bar? Is it needed?

Will Intel i5-4670 be sufficiend enough to run all games at 60 FPS on 720p resolution?
You'll want to get official Nintendo wiimotes, and the Mayflash DolphinBar for connecting Wiimotes without trouble, especially newer ones.

XperianPro

(10-19-2014, 11:39 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You'll want to get official Nintendo wiimotes, and the Mayflash DolphinBar for connecting Wiimotes without trouble, especially newer ones.

I cant get Mayflash DolphinBar because I need to have it on my TV not PC,above link I posted isnt official Nintendo Wiimote?

So I guess sensor bar is needed to make them work right?

EDIT:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Ship...83894.html

Will this one be fine?
Also where could I plug it in?
You need the Mayflash Dolphinbar because it's wiimote to usb, the one for a Wii will not work because pc's do not have a place to plug that in.

XperianPro

(10-20-2014, 05:59 AM)yl-smash Wrote: [ -> ]You need the Mayflash Dolphinbar because it's wiimote to usb, the one for a Wii will not work because pc's do not have a place to plug that in.

Okay,so Mayflash Dolphinbar is only solution?
Its a bit expensive and I could not connect Wii remote to it since it will be connected to TV not PC.
You realize that you can still use the DolphinBar with the T.V, right? Get a USB Cord extender, plug your DolphinBar into the PC, move the unit in front of the T.V. and it will work.

XperianPro

(10-20-2014, 06:33 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You realize that you can still use the DolphinBar with the T.V, right? Get a USB Cord extender, plug your DolphinBar into the PC, move the unit in front of the T.V. and it will work.

I didnt count on that,I need to know one more thing,is there any way I could purchase DolphinBar under 15$ bucks because cheapest with shipping to Croatia was 30$ and thats way to expensive for me.

Thanks a lot,XperianPro.
The Mayflash Dolphin bar was developed by people working with the Dolphin emulator to have the best experience in Dolphin. Unless you find one used or have a friend in the US who can ship it to you for cheap, then you'll have to pay the $30
There are alternative sensor bars without the automatic connection, but then you have to deal with bluetooth being silly. If you get an older Wiimote without motion plus (or the golden Zelda Skyward Sword one with motion plus) the bluetooth isn't a major issue at all, and you can either:

Use a pair of candles 20-30cm from each other.

Use any wireless sensor bar (although the good ones burn through batteries at a crazy rate).

Use a Wii wired sensor bar plugged into a Wii.

Use a Wii sensor bar converted to use another power source. Some have hooked them straight to 7-12V power supplies. I replaced some resistors in mine so it'd work of USB power.

Any other pairs of infra red light sources about 20cm from each other.

If you get a TR Wiimote, which most of them are, then it can be a pain to get it to work using a standard bluetooth adapter, but it's trivial to make them work with Mayflash's system.