Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: linux not loading all textures in some games both game cube and wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dwscar

processor is AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon HD graphics onboard and its a dual core with another logical core for floting points so techincally 3 cores. graphics driver is Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA.
OS is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS everything is up to date

now with that out the way...games run at 60fps normally but a few run at 30-25 like zelda twilight princess which is very gpu intensive anyways so i expect that. but some games i am experiencing a teal color tint to menus or ingame i am seeing the same color or white and has missing textures or even some of the textures will load on a modle but some parts like the weapon or a hat or something will be missing its textures. i dont know if this is an actual emulation issue like a part is missing that isnt decoding the textures right emulator wise or if it is on my end and i have to install a better driver like a mesa driver and risk messing with my amd drivers. any feedback would be nice

super smash bros melee(menus and OCCASIONLLY in game probobly a bug from the menu carrying into the game), zelda twilight princess(menus are fine, ingame missing textures EVERYWHERE and some textures missing on npc modles. link is perfectly fine some reason)

just some examples of games i ran into.
Post screenshots of the settings. Try with latest dev build as they´re faster than stable versions.
I think Gallium is your issue. 0.4 hasn't been updated in years (2010!) and it likely does not support a lot of things Dolphin needs from OpenGL. You'll have to use something newer. Doesn't AMD offer open-source GPU drivers? They definitely have proprietary one's on Linux as well. Either one should be more up to date than Gallium.

Also, some games are designed to run at 30 FPS; that's how they work on real hardware and Dolphin. WW and TP are two such games. Ignore the FPS and look at the % in Dolphin's status bar (windowed mode).