Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin only using 40% of my processor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, sorry for my bad English, I speak French.
I'm "trying" to play Wind Waker on Dolphin 4.0-3638, but I'm only getting 80% speed in some parts. I opened the task manager and saw that the processor was only used at 40%....
How can I use all of it?
Thanks!
Dolphin can only use 2 cores so it maxes at 50%.
Note that you´re on an APU, and that they´re generally slow. Try with latest dev, it´s a lot faster than you think.
A high-end desktop APU is fine for most games . However , you're using a mobile APU which is really bad for Dolphin
Mobile CPUs are not as strong as desktop CPUs . If you want most games to run well , you must choose latest high-end mobile CPUs like i7 4710MQ , i7 4750HQ , i7 4702MQ , i7 4700MQ ....
admin89: I don't have the money for that...

DJBarry004: What do you mean by "latest dev"?

yl-smash: It only using 40%, not 50%, where is the other 10%

thanks!
The "latest development revisions" (Versions en développement) are these versions of Dolphin: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ (4.0-3709 for example). They have many optimizations and are significantly faster than 4.0.2.
Dolphin primarily uses two cores. IF your one core is maxed out for CPU, but the GPU thread isn't, then you could get 25% 15% and still be maxed out on your computer