Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to get a fully working Wii Menu.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tutorial on how to get a fully working wii menu like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56sNUvaSnlU

To any who cant get the wii menu to properly work and channels to launch properly I have a solution. In order to get a fully functional Wii Menu most important you need to download any of the latest dev builds. ES_Launch was fixed in 4.0-1953 so any dolphin dev after works... but that's not all in order to still get a fully functional Wii menu, you need Wii system menu 2.0, because 2.0 is the only Wii menu that fully works with dolphin, anything else would crash or loop when launching channels. Also to get the Mii channel to work properly, you must download the very first version anything new doesn't launch.
Step 1: Download latest Dolphin dev build
Step 2: With NUS Downloader, download Wii System Menu 2.0U, and pack as wad.
Step 3: With NUS Downloader, download the very first Mii Channel version2. pack as wad.
Final Step: Install the wads with Dolphin Emulator

Now you should be good to go. I done all the steps above and I have a fully functional wii menu. Am able to leave the game am playing and return to wii menu anytime, with anygame. Mii channel launches perfectly.
You're wrong. All Wii Menu versions works perfectly fine, and if you got black screens or loops then you screwed something at your side when configuring Wii Menu. If you want more details you can refer to my detailed testing log I did sometime ago to get info for the wiki... If it doesn't work anymore then we got some regression, but I can assure that any Wii Menu version works perfectly fine in 4.0-2169...
Am not wrong I know what am doing. I tested every System Menu downloaded from NUS Downloader, All of them had a looping problem when launching Wii channels, when launching channels the channels wouldn't launch, it would just return to the Wii menu, on every channel I tested. But The only system menu that didn't have this problem is System menu 2.0, the first Wii System Menu. If installing Wii channels on anything other then system menu 2.0, the channels wouldn't load, it will just return to Wii menu a loop in other words.
The purpose of the thread is to help people who cant get there Wii menu to work properly, Because I put in the effort to test this am not wrong, I know for sure that the only system menu that fully works and launches channels is system menu 2.0.
Did you import a whole wii nand into Dolphin? Rebooting when trying to launch channels, that sounds like you don't have the required IOSes installed. Maybe system menu 2.0 doesn't load different IOSes, and that's why it works for you.
So I installed all the IOS files and all the system menus works fine now. But I lost more space because because of the need to install all the IOS files..I don't like the fact I lost space because of the need to install IOS to get the Menu 4.3 to work. Compared to not having to install anything with 2.0. My question is whats the benefit of installing menu 4.3 compared to just keeping 2.0 that I already installed?

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Try a ModMii NAND/sysmenu. They work, but if you do something I forget, it resets, wiimote stops syncing, and the system menu is no longer functional.
Check again, test in 4.0-2169 to make sure. If it works here but not in the latest master, then we got a regression. But I'll say again: from a clean Dolphin install, just grab WADs from the desired Wii Menu version and from the channels you need and install them in Dolphin. Make sure both are from the same region and you're set up (everything working, except Wii Message Board). The only additional channel you may need is EULA channel (but only in case you need network related features working)...

About IOS, all IOS related stuff are HLEd by Dolphin, so, installing IOS WADs in Dolphin doesn't change anything...
(10-20-2014, 10:29 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ][...]

About IOS, all IOS related stuff are HLEd by Dolphin, so, installing IOS WADs in Dolphin doesn't change anything...

Do you know this or do you guess this? I know that Dolphin HLEs IOSes, but it might properly emulate the wii system reboot, if an IOS is missing when trying to boot it.
Channel reboots and everything else will just work if you're using 4.0-1953 or newer (installing the IOS won't change anything). In older revisions you had to had the title.tmd from the specific IOS the game uses to make rebooting work properly because of some ES_Launch emulation that wasn't implemented. MK Armageddon, for example, it freezes in a gray screen if you don't have the title.tmd of IOS17 and are using a Dolphin version older than 4.0-1953, while in current development builds it just works...
He's right about the looping I think. With Mii Channel v6 and System menu 514P on Dolphin 4.0-4091 it is looping. I've reinstalled both and tried other system menus but had the same result.
Pages: 1 2