Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bad graphics on OpenGL/Direct 3D9, 60% speed on Direct3D11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dezno

This is only on Wii games. When playing on OpenGL or Direct3D9 I get 60 fps and 100% speed but I can count the pixels.
When playing on Direct3D11 I get 60 fps and the graphics are perfect, but I only get 60% speed.
Here are my computer specs:
Intel Core i7-2600K
XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9

It's a high end computer which can run newest games @ best graphics without any problems. Any help appreciated. ^^
First of all, don't compare running PC games to running Dolphin; it's completely different. Second of all, update to the latest dev build, it's at least 30% faster than stable and much more accurate. D3D9 is also now deprecated.
No it´s not high-end. There are CPUs right now a lot faster than yours (i5-4690K, i7-4790K).

Mind specifying the games you tried?

dezno

(10-19-2014, 02:51 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]No it´s not high-end. There are CPUs right now a lot faster than yours (i5-4690K, i7-4790K).

I guess we have different opinions on what a high-end computer is, but that's off-topic. Currently I've tried with SSB:B and Super Mario Galaxy 1+2. Same problem on all three games.

(10-19-2014, 02:27 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, don't compare running PC games to running Dolphin; it's completely different. Second of all, update to the latest dev build, it's at least 30% faster than stable and much more accurate. D3D9 is also now deprecated.

I have Dolphin 4.0.2, isn't that the latest build?
No, that's the latest "stable" build. There are development builds on the main download page that are several months newer and significantly faster for most users than 4.0.2 is.
(10-19-2014, 10:57 AM)dezno Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2014, 02:51 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]No it´s not high-end. There are CPUs right now a lot faster than yours (i5-4690K, i7-4790K).

I guess we have different opinions on what a high-end computer is, but that's off-topic. Currently I've tried with SSB:B and Super Mario Galaxy 1+2. Same problem on all three games.

Sorry bro, but in terms of Dolphin performance you're not high-end, you're more like middle-end. Dolphin relies on single-core performance because it runs on 2 cores. The faster those two cores are, the faster Dolphin runs. Sandy-Bridge CPUs are at least 30-40% slower than the current Haswell CPUs clock-for clock.
A strong GPU is needed for PC gaming, but in Dolphin as long as you can run the game at 1x IR/AA/AF, its fine. A stronger GPU means you can crank up the pretty pixels more, and thats all.

You're about number 37 according to our testing. Even though there have been lots of speed improvements since this build they tested on, everyone sees the same level of speed increase.
Dolphin benchmark thread: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...red?page=3
Dolphin Benchmark: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...Fa1E#gid=0

THe performance on Super Mario galaxy falls in line with what has been reported using 4.0.x builds. Super Smash bros should be getting fullspeed though.

(10-19-2014, 10:57 AM)dezno Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2014, 02:27 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, don't compare running PC games to running Dolphin; it's completely different. Second of all, update to the latest dev build, it's at least 30% faster than stable and much more accurate. D3D9 is also now deprecated.

I have Dolphin 4.0.2, isn't that the latest build?

The dev builds are way faster and more stable. They're about 40% faster than the 4.0.x builds. Get them here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/