Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 'Dolphin.exe has stopped working' error on Zelda TP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I recently started to try and play Zelda TP on my computer, but I get the aforementioned error after a while. My computer specs are, I think, enough to run the game:

Inter Core i7-3630QM @ 2.40Ghz, 12Go RAM, GeForce GTX 660m

I run Windows 8.1 on my machine, and have tried Dolphin 4.0, 4.0.2 and the latest development version (currently 4.0.3644), but the problem persists.
I have not altered the configuration of Dolphin (default settings): http://imgur.com/a/AIl3M

I'd appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks!
Do you have any modifications to the game properties page?
(10-17-2014, 08:02 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any modifications to the game properties page?

Nope, did not touch anything: http://imgur.com/ajxlvMI
Is it consistent/does it happen at a certain area everytime? might be a corrupt game
(10-17-2014, 09:04 AM)Growlith1223 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it consistent/does it happen at a certain area everytime? might be a corrupt game

It just happens after some time, and each time I played, say about 20-30min in, maybe. It's not linked to any area in particular.
Try playing the game in single core. Playing in dualcore on a slower computer in this game is a sticking time bomb waiting for the game to hang.
(10-17-2014, 10:06 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try playing the game in single core. Playing in dualcore on a slower computer in this game is a sticking time bomb waiting for the game to hang.

Alright I'll try that; just to see what happens I've left the game running for the past hour or so, and it has not crashed yet. So maybe the time bomb metaphor is accurate, but why would it crash after a while only? Anyway I'll try your method and post when I have seen what it changes. Should I change the dual core setting in the Game Properties or somewhere else?
Dualcore is unstable in a lot of games. If single core works, we can try some faster options later.
It's working now on the last developpment version; but it plays only in OpenGL for some reason. Maybe some other parameters are different, although I personally did not change anything. So now I've got rougher graphics, but it's a small price to pay Smile
have you run the DirectX web installer?
Pages: 1 2