Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Dolphin 4.0.2 after having issues with an older build and I copied the memory file to the C:\Users\User\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC folder and tho I can load from that memory card I can't save to it.
I am currently playing Super Mario Sunshine so the ingame message I'm getting is "Unable to save to Memory Card in Slot A yada yada"
Under the Gamecube tab in Dolphin Configuration in the Device Settings, I do have a slot A set to Memory Card and I have tried and tried to make sure it's set to the correct thing but it doesn't seem to be having an effect.
I have to memcards in the folder, MemoryCardA.raw and MemoryCardA.USA.raw and I can't seem to save to either
Dolphin itself is in its own folder in a separate place on my computer and it's reading the games from yet another folder
that's about all the information I can think of that might be relevant
what must I do?
Either try:
1) the latest dev build (you should do this regardless of the other options
2) running dolphin as administrator
3) when you set the drop down to memory card A, click the browse button next to it and make sure you have the card selected
(10-17-2014, 05:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Either try:
1) the latest dev build (you should do this regardless of the other options
2) running dolphin as administrator
3) when you set the drop down to memory card A, click the browse button next to it and make sure you have the card selected

Okay that didn't seem to fix it, but I found out I can still save when I'm not in the specific area of the game that I was in so perhaps that's bugged. No big deal if that's the only place I can't save
Ah no, now having been thru that area I can no longer save anywhere
Does this save issue happen in any other game?
No it does seem to be just that one game
It sounds like you have a bad dump of the game. Redump it and try again
cool, thanks for the help