Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What's my issue? i looked through the forums, i dont get it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I've been trying to get dolphin to work on my computer

Operating System: Windows
Processor/CPU: AMD
Video Card/GPU: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon H
Memory/RAM: 4.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin 4.02

When i try to open up a my melee iso that I CLEANRIPPED LEGALLY WITH MY WII NO LAWS WERE BROKEN and tried to load it up into dolphin it just kinda went unresponsive and didn't play the game. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, no game i try to load works and i seem to meet the prerequisites. AM i missing some vital software? i have the directx thing or whatever. I'm very much an average joe and would appreciate some help from anybody bored enough. Also to make it clear, NO GAME I TRY works, all of them cause the same crash.

THanks internet!
ps if i broke any of the rules i'm sorry i tried not too.

edit: heres some more detailed information in the attatched photo
Even with cleanrip, it is possible to get a bad dump. Download the latest development build and right click on the game in the game list > properties > info tab > MD5 Hash. Press the "Compute" button, and paste the results here please.

Also, while it is unrelated to your problem, I should warn you that your computer is pretty bad. You are probably not going to get much performance out of that machine.
(10-16-2014, 11:42 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Even with cleanrip, it is possible to get a bad dump. Download the latest development build https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ and right click on the game in the game list > properties > info tab > MD5 Hash. Press the "Compute" button, and paste the results here please.

Also, while it is unrelated to your problem, I should warn you that your computer is pretty bad. You are probably not going to get much performance out of that machine.

While it downloads, any confidence that it can run melee, items off, 1 v 1?

5fa1cb96fb9e38d1dae4cc4cb0e0a2ae
but i just realized that game has hacks in it, so heres another game i have that doesn't work and crashes dolphin, it's ocarina of time
1e23afc69bff50a7d20f32c5b739dc06
It appears Melee (assuming that's what 5fa1cb96fb9e38d1dae4cc4cb0e0a2ae is) is a bad dump. What did you mean by "has hacks in it"?

Ocarina of Time Master Quest (1e23afc69bff50a7d20f32c5b739dc06) looks good. Does it boot in the latest dev version?
(10-16-2014, 12:00 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]It appears Melee (assuming that's what 5fa1cb96fb9e38d1dae4cc4cb0e0a2ae is) is a bad dump. What did you mean by "has hacks in it"?

Ocarina of Time Master Quest (1e23afc69bff50a7d20f32c5b739dc06) looks good. Does it boot in the latest dev version?

Fraid not, neither of them do in the newer version. My melee iso has the 20xx hack pack installed in it (btw took me like 8 total hours to figure that out in total, along with modding my wii for it). I'm running into the same problem with the new dev.
PS thanks for bein a nice stranger
I think this may be hardware issues. Your computer probably wouldn't get full speed even if it did run the emulator properly. Your specs are super, super low.
Thanks for your help everybody, but is there anything that I could try to do to soup up my computer in this case? If so, how would I go about it? assuming getting a new computer is out of the question, would getting a new graphics card or something along those lines be an option? Or would it be an attempt in futility? I can try rebuilding my computer with the help of some friends, but assume a budget of around 300$.
(10-16-2014, 09:41 PM)Jobby16 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help everybody, but is there anything that I could try to do to soup up my computer in this case? If so, how would I go about it? assuming getting a new computer is out of the question, would getting a new graphics card or something along those lines be an option? Or would it be an attempt in futility? I can try rebuilding my computer with the help of some friends, but assume a budget of around 300$.

You can't because you have a laptop. You can't upgrade laptops.

Edit.
When you run dolphin what happens. Do you see a user interface come up, or is the unresponsiveness after trying to run a game.

Also did you try D3D and OpenGL?

Edit 2:
What version of windows are you running and 32 bit or 64 bit?
(10-16-2014, 09:44 PM)zephyrsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2014, 09:41 PM)Jobby16 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help everybody, but is there anything that I could try to do to soup up my computer in this case? If so, how would I go about it? assuming getting a new computer is out of the question, would getting a new graphics card or something along those lines be an option? Or would it be an attempt in futility? I can try rebuilding my computer with the help of some friends, but assume a budget of around 300$.

You can't because you have a laptop. You can't upgrade laptops.

Edit.
When you run dolphin what happens. Do you see a user interface come up, or is the unresponsiveness after trying to run a game.

Also did you try D3D and OpenGL?

Edit 2:
What version of windows are you running and 32 bit or 64 bit?
I run the exe, select a game, load it up, and then a black window pops up that nearly immediately becomes unresponsive, crashing both the exe and the black window. It's a 64 bit. and no i haven't, i'll give them a try.
Considering your specs, you must wait a few minutes to see the game start

yeah, that could be the problem...