Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii "Searching for players"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dishonored

Hello Dolphin community, I have recently been playing Mario kart wii online via the wiimmfi server by using my real wii nand and a patched iso however for the past few days I have not been able to find any players online. I know that this has nothing to do with the wiimmfi server because by checking the stats page everything is working and people are online. I have taken a screenshot to show that their are actual people racing: http://i.imgur.com/mZcXPR2.png I find it really strange that I'm able to connect to the wiimmfi server and go on worldwide but from past there it seems like nothing is happening, I also didn't change any settings. I was able to play on the wiimmfi server just fine for the whole week. I have recorded what I'm experiencing when I try play online. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8qOb6iRPf0 I'm using Dolphin version 4.0-3106.

What I have tried doing:

Used a nand from a different wii
Changed my vr to 5000, 9999, 9000 to match with players of equal or similar skill
Used a Gecko code which removes the "Match player with similar skill level/VR"
Leaving the game on the "Searching for players" screen for nearly an hour (Had to use a bottle to keep hold of the left click on my mouse which emulates the wiimote shaking to avoid "Connection interrupted with wiimote" message)

The reason why I posted this issue here is mainly because I can't pin point the exact issue, any reply to this situation would be greatly appreciated.
I think this would be a better question for the Wiimmfi people. Maybe they got sick of idiots on Dolphin cheating and found a way to detect emulators and are blocking them from matches.

coreyyyyjones

(10-13-2014, 06:29 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would be a better question for the Wiimmfi people.  Maybe they got sick of idiots on Dolphin cheating and found a way to detect emulators and are blocking them from matches.

Bit unfair on legit dolphin players, don't you think?
Please don't bump threads that are five years old. And no, Wiimmfi currently doesn't have a blanket ban on using Dolphin.