Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulate games at higher FPS than wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to emulate games at a higher FPS than the wii with a powerful enough system? I'm not referring to going from 30 fps to 60 fps but eliminating frame drops that were present in the original game.

I would assume since the way an emulator works (interprets or recompiles the code into an equivalent piece of code on the PC) that given a powerful enough system (assume powerful enough can be more powerful than anything currently on the market) it should be able to run at a higher fps than the original since it could emulate code that would stress the wii but not stress the PC.

Am I right is this possible?
Yes. Dolphin has already been shown to do this with many games. Although technically that's not accurate emulation since a truly accurate emulator would properly mimic the exact speed of the real hardware.
Yeah it usually does that. Not for some games though. 1080 avalanche behaves the EXACT same as on GameCube, completely with frequent drops to 40FPS and stuttering present in the original.