Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help with Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. I have Dolphin running on my computer and it runs most wii games extremely well with upscaled graphics and added graphical enhancements. The only games I'm having troubles with is Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Mainly 2. The game runs ok for a bit then starts stuttering, the sound keeps skipping and it's just lagging like crazy. Other games run flawlessly but this one. I've seen some videos on the Dolphin Wiki and comments where people with less powerful hardware than me are able to run this game perfectly. I would KILL to be able to play these 2 in 1080p without any lagging or sound cutting out. I had already fixed the sound cutting out problem with the DSP HLE plugin, but I'm still having issues with lag even though every one else seems to be able to run it perfectly. The comments at the bottom of the wiki page for SMG2 make no sense to me. Is there a guide somewhere to help me configure Dolphin to be able to play SMG2? SMG1 would be great too but right now I'm concentrating on SMG2. ANY help is appreciated. If there's no guides then maybe just the steps I need to take to get more juice out of this emulator. SMG 1 and 2 are two of my favourite games of all time and I no longer have a wii (ex gf got it!) so this would be HUGE for me! ANY help is appreciated. Thank you.

My specs:

GTX 770
i5 4670
8gb ddr3
Screenshots of Configuration tabs and Graphics Settings tabs would help us locate what's going on. You should get full speed outside of some shader cache compilation, which will go away the more you play.
(10-11-2014, 02:57 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots of Configuration tabs and Graphics Settings tabs would help us locate what's going on. You should get full speed outside of some shader cache compilation, which will go away the more you play.

Here are a few screenshots of my current settings.
Use the developer version of dolphin right now as i am posting 4.0-3587 http://dolphin-emu.org/download/, use hle audio instead of lle for audio, use efb copy to texture on graphic settings

hle is now good on super mario galaxy 2 i am able to get full speed on my desktop
(10-11-2014, 05:46 PM)natnint4000 Wrote: [ -> ]Use the developer version of dolphin right now as i am posting 4.0-3587 http://dolphin-emu.org/download/, use hle audio instead of lle for audio, use efb copy to texture on graphic settings

hle is now good on super mario galaxy 2 i am able to get full speed on my desktop

I downloaded that version and set everything the way u said to, but it is WAYYY worse. Now ALL games won't play on that newer version. SMG2 barely runs and the audio is slow and cracky. I set it back to LLE and it's better but still crackly - and other GC games play better but not as good as the other version. Anything I'm doing wrong?
try the revision i am using (dolphin-master-4.0-3239-x64) if that doesnt work then idk
Make sure you arenĀ“t overheating.
(10-11-2014, 10:26 PM)fliSaber Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2014, 05:46 PM)natnint4000 Wrote: [ -> ]Use the developer version of dolphin right now as i am posting 4.0-3587 http://dolphin-emu.org/download/, use hle audio instead of lle for audio, use efb copy to texture on graphic settings

I downloaded that version and set everything the way u said to, but it is WAYYY worse. Now ALL games won't play on that newer version. SMG2 barely runs and the audio is slow and cracky. I set it back to LLE and it's better but still crackly - and other GC games play better but not as good as the other version. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Set your framelimit to auto instead of 60, also disable openmp since there were reports it doesn't play that well with hyperthreading. Also use hle audio and set efb to texture. The latest dev is a lot faster.
(10-11-2014, 10:32 PM)natnint4000 Wrote: [ -> ]try the revision i am using (dolphin-master-4.0-3239-x64) if that doesnt work then idk

I dl'd that version and it seems to be working better. SMG2 runs a lot better now and near perfect. There are a few glitches and slow-downs here and there but nowhere enar as bad as before. 4.0-3239 seems to work for my pc. Had to use LLE because HLE never works no matter what I try. And I had to keep the framerate at 60 because that seems to effect the game speed for some reason. nbd. Thanks a lot! Is there anything I can do to mitigate the audio cracking here and there? other than that, I am happy! Thanks all!
If you select any limit on framelimiter under max FPS (PAL50, NTSC60) the crackling sound will dissapear, and will play at low pitch instead.
Pages: 1 2