Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin featured in PC Gamer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-gamecubewii-e...rbocharge/

Thanks to Fiora, JMC, Comex, RachelB, MaJoR and all the others!
I think it's probably important to thank Comex for the big boosts in overall emulation speeds he's contributed the last two months along with Fiora, and MaJoR, since his graphs were directly used in the PC gamer article.
It's official: Fiora is a superstar :3 Though all of the Dolphin devs are champions in my book really.

It's great to see Dolphin getting noticed outside of dedicated emulation communities (Anandtech, now PC Gamer, who's next? Maximum PC?). I'm also really glad the devs are welcoming and helpful to potential newcomers to the codebase; I can think of a few emulator projects where that's decidedly not the case, unfortunately.
>Read article
>Faith in humanity restored a little
>Read article comments
>Faith in humanity gone again
There haven't been that many trolls
There's comments? The comments on the article are not loading for me. Lemme guess bs from misinformed commentators about emulation being illegal and promoting piracy?
A lot of people seem to be responsible people that rip, or at least don't mention how they get games.
And then the troll Joe Cool
Ughh, the whole piracy thing pisses me off. -_- Everyone who uses an emulator to play classic games isn't a 12 year old looking to play pokemon for free. Heck, I just want to see my old favorite games remastered in a way that no console can do. Make the wiiu play gc and wii games in 1080p or gtfo I say. Smile

Anyway, rant aside, grats to the dolphin devs! You guys have not only shed some much needed positive attention to dolphin, but to emulation as a whole. With this kind of attention, perhaps this is the first step in the right direction for future 3ds and vita emulators. *Wishful thinging.
Sweet~ Once again, I feel like PC gamer actually has real pc gamers for their journalists, not just some self righteous "PC master race" redditors with a large monitor.

(10-10-2014, 09:19 PM)rlaugh0095 Wrote: [ -> ]Make the wiiu play gc and wii games in 1080p or gtfo I say. :)
>:/
(10-11-2014, 01:54 AM)Quicklime_Mistress Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet~ Once again, I feel like PC gamer actually has real pc gamers for their journalists, not just some self righteous "PC master race" redditors with a large monitor.

(10-10-2014, 09:19 PM)rlaugh0095 Wrote: [ -> ]Make the wiiu play gc and wii games in 1080p or gtfo I say. Smile
>:/

The PC Master Race thing is a deliberate circlejerk. You aren't supposed to take most of it seriously. The term was coined as an insult to PC gamers, and most 'master race' humour is based on pretending to be the kind of person the term was designed to offend, but while still being correct about every fact.

Anyway, I'd definitely agree that PC Gamer seem to know what they're talking about. For example, they did a couple of novelty playthroughs of Skyrim, and did a series about how different and amazing it was if you filled up your load order with random mods without reading the description, and they've reviewed quite a few mods too. Although I only know of them doing this for one game, I don't read that much of their stuff, so they could do this much with basically everything. Anyway, this kind of review definitely shows they're about having fun with games, rather than just looking for aliased pixels.
Pages: 1 2