Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black screen on game startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip a Brawl ISO so I can test things on Dolphin, but I can't get CleanRip to cooperate. Each time it stops somewhere around 15% and exits to the homebrew channel, of course always when I'm not looking. I plug in the flash drive into my computer (16GB FAT32, empty at start), copy the ISO, and try to load the game in Dolphin. Dolphin gets the title right, but the banner is always an X. Launching it just leaves a black screen (+ debug info) that causes Windows to go "Dolphin.exe has stopped working" out of nowhere. I've never used Dolphin or CleanRip before this, so I don't know if I'm doing it right.

I'm ripping from a Wii with HomeBrew and CleanRip 1.0.5 onto a FAT32 16GB Flash Drive.

Settings I've tried:
- Dual Layer YES, Chunk Size 1GB, new device NO
- Dual Layer NO, Chunk Size MAX, new device NO

I've also tried the second setting set with Sonic Colors, and I got the same results.

I've tried ripping it from my computer's disk drive, but I don't have a supported drive.

Attached is a screenshot of the result on Dolphin.
Definitely a bad dump considering what's going on. You need to have duallayer on for Brawl, the rest of it is making sure it completely normally.
(10-08-2014, 11:42 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely a bad dump considering what's going on. You need to have duallayer on for Brawl, the rest of it is making sure it completely normally.

Should I re-extract CleanRip?
It turns out I just needed to set the flash drive to NTFS. I caught the error in an attempt and it was a write access error. My guess is that the file size was bigger than FAT32 allows. I know NTFS has no such limit.