Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Third party GCN video cables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lost my original cable a long time ago. Got by with a Wii, but lately it's been acting funny. No intention to replace it so I'm looking for a third party cable. Anyone know a good standard cable, preferable one that ends in a composite or HDMI end. Also the cable should support the progressive scan mode on GCN, as my GameCube is old enough to support it. Any help would be much appreciated.
HDMI is impossible without modding the system, and a cable that supports progressive scan is very expensive as it has a built in chip (with no 3rd party)
A replacement gamecube component cable will cost more than a replacement wii.
So nobody was able to reverse engineer? That sucks. I guess the wii has the same issue, except if I transfer to a Wii U (which is an option). Really not interested in another Wii, and this one would last the 5 minutes needed to transfer data. But the GC is the odd one out.
There is a "homebrew" component cable being developed but it's not yet available for purchase. You said you want composite + progressive scan though, that's an impossible combination.
(10-07-2014, 11:35 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]There is a "homebrew" component cable being developed but it's not yet available for purchase. You said you want composite + progressive scan though, that's an impossible combination.

Would it be possible to run a converter from the standard 3 pin SD ouput to a composite? Like a regular cable. Or is this component cable somehow special? I'm not really insistent on an all in one solution, as long as the end result is the same.
You simply can't have a 480p progressive signal over composite.