Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to store just dance 2014 DLC songs on SD card properly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for my posting a thread not related to dolphin, but I think someone can help me here.

On my Wii console,I downloaded one song of just dance 2014 dlcs, but it was stored on my console not on SD card. In the game, when I move it to SD card, the DLC song will not show in the song list when I play the game in the console, only when I move it to the console back does it work. Are DLCs of JD2014 not able to be stored on SD card? And I know, in Just dance 4, that dlc songs can be stored on SD card and work well.

Thanks in advance!

If I violate the regulations of forum, please let me know and I'll delete this thread.
As far as I remember, DLCs from Just Dance works in Dolphin only if you have a full dump of your Wii's NAND...
(10-07-2014, 03:46 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I remember, DLCs from Just Dance works in Dolphin only if you have a full dump of your Wii's NAND...
Thanks!
I mean the DLC song will not work in my console not in dolphin when I move it to SD card in order to save the console's storage space.

Actually I'm also very interested in playing the DLC songs in Dolphin, but I don't know how to dump my wii's NAND, which tool can do it? Is there anyone playing DLCs of Just dance successfully by this means?
(10-07-2014, 03:53 AM)netsonic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2014, 03:46 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I remember, DLCs from Just Dance works in Dolphin only if you have a full dump of your Wii's NAND...
Thanks!
I mean the DLC song will not work in my console not in dolphin when I move it to SD card in order to save the console's storage space.
Yep, Just Dance 2014 and onwards works like that. The songs you want to play must be in internal memory...

Quote: Actually I'm also very interested in playing the DLC songs in Dolphin, but I don't know how to dump my wii's NAND, which tool can do it? Is there anyone playing DLCs of Just dance successfully by this means?
I read that somewhere in the forums, never tested if it works or not. Your Wii must be homebrew-enabled, then you need a full NAND dump (which you can get with BootMii) and your unique keys.bin. Then you put your NAND in Dolphin and it's supposed to allow playing all DLCs that were in your console...
(10-07-2014, 04:52 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2014, 03:53 AM)netsonic Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks!
Yep, Just Dance 2014 and onwards works like that. The songs you want to play must be in internal memory...

Quote: Actually I'm also very interested in playing the DLC songs in Dolphin, but I don't know how to dump my wii's NAND, which tool can do it? Is there anyone playing DLCs of Just dance successfully by this means?
I read that somewhere in the forums, never tested if it works or not. Your Wii must be homebrew-enabled, then you need a full NAND dump (which you can get with BootMii) and your unique keys.bin. Then you put your NAND in Dolphin and it's supposed to allow playing all DLCs that were in your console...
Thanks a lot!

According to your instruction, I gave up playing DLCs of JD2014 stored on SD card in my Wii.

I had dumped the NAND.bin and Keys.bin of my Wii using BootMii successfully, and I put the two bins in the folder sys\wii\ and changed the directory of NAND in dolphin to this folder, after that, I played Just Dance 2014 in dolphin, but in the game, I couldn't play the DLC song which I had downloaded in my console. I think the NAND.bin should have the DLCs inside, am I right? and where should I put the NAND.bin and Keys.bin? and how to set up Dolphin properly?

As for JD4, if I downloaded the DLCs on SD card? Where should I put the files on SD card in dolphin folders and how to set dolphin up?
Dolphin uses the extracted NAND files. There are some instructions on extracting the files from nand.bin here:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...sive-guide
(10-07-2014, 09:10 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin uses the extracted NAND files. There are some instructions on extracting the files from nand.bin here:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...sive-guide
Thanks!
I have tried the second method, but at the last step, zestig.exe crashed when I typed the command according to the instruction. And I had read all the posts in that thread, finding another zestig.exe which extracted several folders from nand.bin, then I put them in right places, finally I saw my wii menu on the computer screen, but it cannot run games, can this problem be solved?
Then I played just dance 2014 in dolphin, in the game, to my great surprise, the DLCs can be seen and played. It seems that finally I'm successful at playing DLCs in Dolphin. That's terrific!
I still don't know how to use SD card in dolphin, although I checked insert a SD card in the dolphin setting and got a SD.raw. Where could I place the files on real SD card of my Wii in Dolphin folder?
Thank you all for helping me! It's very nice of you two, Jhonn, skid.
To add or remove files from the sd.raw image, follow the instructions here:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-is...-on-sd-raw
(10-07-2014, 09:44 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]To add or remove files from the sd.raw image, follow the instructions here:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-is...-on-sd-raw

Winimage can add files to SD.raw, but it seems that SD.raw still doesn't work in Dolphin 4.0.206 and 3.5. I mean the DLC songs stored on SD card won't show in the game such as Just Dance 4.

Another question, when I run a system menu wad (e.g 417 4.0u), I can see my wii menu the same as my console, but all channels don't work if I open one another. And still I can't play games using the channels which work well in the console.
(10-08-2014, 01:52 AM)netsonic Wrote: [ -> ]...I mean the DLC songs stored on SD card won't show in the game such as Just Dance 4.
As I said earlier, Just Dance 2014 and onwards only play songs from internal memory. You can have them on your SD card, but you must move the songs you want to internal memory to play them.
(10-08-2014, 01:52 AM)netsonic Wrote: [ -> ]Another question, when I run a system menu wad (e.g 417 4.0u), I can see my wii menu the same as my console, but all channels don't work if I open one another. And still I can't play games using the channels which work well in the console.
Launching channels and games from Wii Menu only works in the latest development builds, but you're tied to 4.0-206 which probably is a custom build, merged with wiispeak branch (otherwise you would just get a black screen when booting JD2014). Sadly the latest development builds won't work with Just Dance 2014...