Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Significant Lag on Melee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, new to the forum.

I'm getting significant lag when running Melee. The character pick screen is running at about 3 FPS, I've tried all kinds of different graphics settings to fix the problem, not sure what the issue is. Here are my specs

Intel i7-2720 QM @ 2.2 GHz
8GB Ram

GEForce GT 540M
4GB Memory

Any ideas as to the problem?
What CPU engine are you on? JIT? Interpreter? What renderer are you using?
Your laptop is a multi-media laptop . So it's probably overheating when you run Dolphin
Use Realtemp and Nvidia Inspector to check CPU and GPU temp (you must run Dolphin for 10 minutes)
I'm running JIT for the engine, using D3D for the render. If I go to OpenGL Dolphin crashes every time I try to run Melee.

Uploaded screenshots of my Nvidia inspector and RealTemp results. Would these temps be considered overheating? Is there some settings on my graphics card or CPU I can test?
Your GPU is not used at all and your CPU doesn't seem to be at maximum performance
Well , you should see laptop performance guide
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
So from what I can see the problem is my graphics card. I've done everything to try and enable it to high performance on Dolphin, but for some reason it still runs slow. Is there another way to make Dolphin utilize the GPU more? Or perhaps some way to make my GPU not slow down performance at all?
Are you using Dolphin 4.0.2 Stable version ? You should use latest Dolphin dev version (4.0-3522 atm)
Ok, so I'm using the dev version, and something really weird is going on. When I run Melee in the background (don't have it selected as the main window), it runs at full speed. The FPS when I highlight over it in the taskbar and get the Window shows it running at the full 60 FPS, music is running perfectly as well. However, when I select it and make it the main window, the speed crashes to 3-4 FPS, music slows down, etc. Any idea what's causing this?
IT sounds like your graphics drivers are switching into low power.
How would I get them into high power? I've tried what's being said in the guides, unfortunately it's not working. Perhaps I need to roll back my drivers?
Pages: 1 2