Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess EFB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

_chris

I'm running Twilight Princess and the minimap doesn't display correctly (or at all usably) unless EFB is on RAM. This of course reduces speed massively. I found that generally if I flick the setting over to RAM, then back to texture, the map is fine until the game loads a new area. Is there anything in that observation that I could potentially use to:

a) not have to manually change setting every time the game loads a region
b) not have to sit with it on RAM at 30-60% speed to be able to use the map

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.
Nothing useful. The problem here is that EFB2Ram is very strenuous, and the map requires EFB2Ram. There isn't anything else to do other than hope a future rewrite to how it's handled makes it more efficient.

_chris

(10-03-2014, 06:26 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing useful. The problem here is that EFB2Ram is very strenuous, and the map requires EFB2Ram. There isn't anything else to do other than hope a future rewrite to how it's handled makes it more efficient.

Would it be feasible for me to investigate the source code and experiment to try and toggle the EFB mode on a stage load for this particular game? I can't imagine that would be terribly involved.
(10-03-2014, 09:01 PM)_chris Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2014, 06:26 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing useful. The problem here is that EFB2Ram is very strenuous, and the map requires EFB2Ram. There isn't anything else to do other than hope a future rewrite to how it's handled makes it more efficient.

Would it be feasible for me to investigate the source code and experiment to try and toggle the EFB mode on a stage load for this particular game? I can't imagine that would be terribly involved.

Have you tried enabling the speedhack in the game patches before anything else? Anyway although i don't know much about coding i have my doubts you could do something weird like that work properly, you basically want to detect a scene change before it happens, then change to efb to ram, then after the scene change happens detect it again and change to texture? Try your luck doing it manually by enabling the shortcut keys for efb copy.
I think the minimap displays properly with EFB to texture and OpenGL or at least it does for me on Windows. Just read your profile and saw you're using OSX so maybe the minimap is bugged under OSX with EFB to texture or was "broke" recently.