Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metal Slug Anthology Graphic Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having a similar problem in one of the latest dev builds in both OpenGL and Direct3D, Does anyone knows how to fix this?
[Image: mslug1bug_zpse7fb36dd.png]
Try safe texture cache.
Didnt work, I tried different hack settings but nothing changed, the only metal slug game that looks right is Metal slug 6 for some reason, happens in both backends and with JIT and JITIL, hope the devs fix this bug.
[Image: msbug2_zpscdc3275e.png]
Emulation ...in emulation is getting better with dolphin to the point some N64 games can be emulated better than N64 emulators BUT, Dolphin still has some improvements to made yet.

Maybe this games uses MMU? or maybe something isn't rounding correctly some of the past monthly progress reports? I'm no smart person just throwing it out there.

OR did this game work perfectly fine before?
try EFB2Ram and RealXFB.
Didnt work, the weird thing is that Dolphin 3.0 doesnt have this problem like somebody suggested, why is that?
(10-03-2014, 10:59 AM)talos91 Wrote: [ -> ]Didnt work, the weird thing is that Dolphin 3.0 doesnt have this problem like somebody suggested, why is that?

Probably it is a intel gpu issue, i can't replicate it here. And dolphin got more demanding in gpu features since then. Btw do you have any kind of texture filtering enabled? Try to disable anisotropic and texture filtering.
(10-03-2014, 11:04 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2014, 10:59 AM)talos91 Wrote: [ -> ]Didnt work, the weird thing is that Dolphin 3.0 doesnt have this problem like somebody suggested, why is that?

Probably it is a intel gpu issue, i can't replicate it here. And dolphin got more demanding in gpu features since then. Btw do you have any kind of texture filtering enabled? Try to disable anisotropic and texture filtering.

Both disabled, same thing, I noticed this problem is reported in the dolphin wiki article for this game, looks like I am not the only one with this problem.
interesting. If you can find the exact build that changed the behavior of the game, we can help you out a lot more in fixing it. It really depends on if you're willing to do the work to narrow it down. Even with 5000 - 6000 builds between, it wouldn't be many jumps at all if you just bisect, and cut your range in half. Pick the middle between between the last known working and first known broken, and keep cutting it in half until you find the broken build!
(10-03-2014, 02:34 PM)talos91 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2014, 11:04 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

Both disabled, same thing, I noticed this problem is reported in the dolphin wiki article for this game, looks like I am not the only one with this problem.

The relevant entry in the wiki is by a guy using an ancient build and Intel HD Graphics 3000 "Runs in 1080p, constant 60 FPS but the graphics look like garbage sometimes.".

Edit: Scratch that i was able to replicate it and found a solution, seems to be a dual core issue, disable dual core and if you can run it full speed you should have no issues. Probably it is related to https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...ii%20faces.
Pages: 1 2