Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen tearing with V-sync on... (OPENGL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use OpenGL over Directx11 due to the amazing performance boost on Metroid Prime, however, V-sync has randomly stopped working now via openGL, and it's really frustrating. The revision is 4.0-3482. I've tried to force V-sync via Nvidia Control Panel... stuff like that. Seems that an older revision such as 4.0-3334 seems to work. Could it be that there are conflicts when there are two Dolphin.exe files installed at the same time? I don't know... I'd love solutions though.

Also tried shutting down, restarting... cannot find a solution.

Specs are: Intel i7-4700MQ with Nvidia GTX 765M, 8GB Ram DDR5. Thanks in advance and let me know if I've missed any information
Are you using your Intel GPU, or using high performance Nvidia?
(10-02-2014, 03:31 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using your Intel GPU, or using high performance Nvidia?

High-performance Nvidia.
What does high performance nvidia mean? just a high end card? has the issue been reproduced on lower end cards?
High performance Nvidia is a thing for laptops with switchable graphics. You have the chance to run any program with either the Intel HD iGPU, or run it with the faster Nvidia GPU.

@walfo1: we've been talking it over on this thread if you want to read more: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-op...en-tearing
Right-click on Dolphin and run it with the Intel HD iGPU (you may need to lower your IR/AA or something) and see if you're getting screen tearing. Cause when we tested that, there was no screen tearing on the Intel HD. We think there's a bug in the Nvidia OpenGL that has issues with screen tearing.