Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hello. I'm new and need some help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been trying to play Animal Crossing City Folk for the Wii. But only get about 10 fps. Sad

I'm guessing i need a better graphics card.

Or is there something in the settings i could tweak?

Help would be much appreciated.

Anyway get back to me asap. Ty.

My specs are.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Black Edition Dual Core 2.8 ghz
Core Speed 2800.1 MHz

ATI Radeon HD 2400 PCI
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Type GDDR2
DirectX DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0

And 2 gigs of ram.
Anyone?
Luls@Me posting everything needed and getting no response but the retards who post I NEDZ HELP!!1111 With no specs of any info whats so ever getting replies. Tongue
gfx cards dont hold any bearing on the speed of games, as long as your card supports opengl 2.x and pixel shader 2.x (which it does) then youre fine

make sure dual core is enabled in the config, and other audio in the hle settings is disabled

if thats already done theres nothing u can do but upgrade your cpu (ie get an intel core2duo 3.0 ghz or an i7)
Wow really. A 2.8 Duo isn't good enough? I could over clock it to 3.0 if needed.
Plus it only runs about 50% cpu while trying to play it. But has 10 fps. How could it be the processor?
Enable Dual Core and Idle Skipping in settinga
Already did. Still have 10 fps.
[Image: 160uc28.jpg]
Wait a sec, why are you using such an outdated revision? Try latest.
On the newer revision enable Frameskip under the emulation tab, and Mess around with watchdog until you find a decent setting.
its his cpu, ive seen videos on youtube of people getting 30-40 fps with a core2duo using older builds, amd athlon just doesnt cut it for that game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QGU2V8Lg...re=related
(08-22-2009, 10:36 AM)n3td3v1l Wrote: [ -> ]Luls@Me posting everything needed and getting no response but the retards who post I NEDZ HELP!!1111 With no specs of any info whats so ever getting replies. Tongue

It's nothing personal, we just like to yell and laugh at the n00bs.
At the same time of course. Tongue
For speed:
Ok so open Notepad and copy and paste this in...

TASKKILL /IM EXPLORER.EXE /F
TASKKILL /IM SIDEBAR.EXE /F
start /high /wait DolphinIL.exe
start explorer.exe
start sidebar "without .exe"

You get the Liberation of being able to save it as whatever you want, just remember to save it as a .bat file.
Simply place it in your Dolphin Folder (Main One)
Instead of clicking on dolphin, click on that .bat file and there you go.

Next get game booster here:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Also be sure to use Dolphin IL instead of .exe Smile

For an additional FPS on slower games turn of sound in Options.
It helps dramatically.
Once you get the latest revision, try using frameskipping (high value like 6 or 7), if the game becomes fast or full speed at expense of seeing it choppy, then it's your video card and not the cpu.
Pages: 1 2 3