Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do i use texture packs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded insane slug's hd texture pack for twilight princess, and extracted the textures to my documents/dolphin, user, load, textures and pasted it there.

then ticked off the "load custom tex" but it dodn't load them at all :S

Is there something i've done wrong?
Are you sure the regions are the same?
Alright, there are a lot of things that could be wrong here.

1.The textures come default for the wii version. Are you using the wii version, or are your trying to use it on the gamecube version without converting them for the gamecube version?

2. Open the graphics menu. For some reason, it wont let me use them without opening the graphics menu mid gameplay.

3.Set accuracy to fast in the hacks settings in graphics settings.

4.Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SMB2toX...T1LN3cfujA

Here is a video from my lets play using the texture pack. Please ignore the ugly bloom defect.
Yeah, i was using the GC version when it was for the wii version Tongue

But why won't the wii controller connect? o.O It worked before, but when i add it now, it adds in the device manager, i start up the game, scan for the controller, and then the emu crashes and the wii controller disappears from the device manager...

And why does the dolphin 4.0-1428 crash every time i press stop the emulation? I have to kill it in the task manager to quit or restart the emu...
(09-30-2014, 03:31 PM)Silithas Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, i was using the GC version when it was for the wii version Tongue

But why won't the wii controller connect? o.O It worked before, but when i add it now, it adds in the device manager, i start up the game, scan for the controller, and then the emu crashes and the wii controller disappears from the device manager...

And why does the dolphin 4.0-1428 crash every time i press stop the emulation? I have to kill it in the task manager to quit or restart the emu...

If you would rather use the gc version, here is a guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx80HhE0Zqw

Controller setup is complicated. QQ
(09-30-2014, 05:06 PM)rlaugh0095 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2014, 03:31 PM)Silithas Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, i was using the GC version when it was for the wii version Tongue

If you would rather use the gc version, here is a guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx80HhE0Zqw

Controller setup is complicated. QQ

Wasn't that complicated Tongue It seems i had to get the toshiba BT stack, then it connected with ease Tongue Now i only need to use my wii/wii-u's sensor bar for the motion part Tongue
There is always the DolphinBar if you want a USB powered Sensorbar+bluetooth that handles TR remotes in a single device.Which is what I recently purchased for use with dolphin
(09-30-2014, 03:31 PM)Silithas Wrote: [ -> ]And why does the dolphin 4.0-1428 crash every time i press stop the emulation? I have to kill it in the task manager to quit or restart the emu...

IIRC, this was a temporary regression and should be fixed in latest dev builds.
He he, I can do it through the windows 8 BT driver without any problems. Tongue
I was saying instead of having to turn the Wii on to use its sensor bar. and with the Dolphinbar wii motes act the same way on the wii aka you press a button and its connected to the pc wtihout having to do anything else.