Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Computer For Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking a computer so i can run dolphin at full speed or close to full speed
the only game i am looking to run is twilight princess my computer build so far is

Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory CAS 7

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 2GB FTW ACX Video Card

BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Some parts i have already have the things i am buying come out to 306 US dollars
is there any problems with this or will this do.
That CPU is a beast when highly overclocked. It should do fine.
(09-29-2014, 06:49 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]That CPU is a beast when highly overclocked. It should do fine.

i think i can get it to 4.4 ghz that is what most people get on air
(09-29-2014, 06:54 AM)You must enter a username Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2014, 06:49 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]That CPU is a beast when highly overclocked. It should do fine.

With a decent cooler and some luck 4.6-4.7 is not out of the question also, but it depends on the chip, still great though.
Yes, it wil perform similar to the i5-4690K and i7-4790K clocked to the same speed around 4.4-4.7.
Also use the latest Dolphin dev builds
(09-29-2014, 06:54 AM)You must enter a username Wrote: [ -> ]

With a good air cooler that should be easy. I have mine at 4.2GHz with the stock cooler and it stays just under 70 degrees even while running prime 95. I could probably hit 4.4 without it getting too hot, but it already runs tough games like metroid prime and mario galaxy just fine.
Why do you even need to over clock for twilight princess? It isn't as demanding on modern Intel CPUs as it was before.
For the later part of the game with Hyrule field, I beliee you still do, or use the patch
(09-29-2014, 05:04 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]For the later part of the game with Hyrule field, I beliee you still do, or use the patch

The Patch makes it run full speed now I'm pretty sure.
That's the purpose of the patch Tongue
But I mean if you didn't use the patch, I think you need a strong overclock, and even then it still won't run fullspeed even on the best CPUs (don't know the latest state of it cause I use the patch and no one has mentioned it in a while)
Pages: 1 2