Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin and steam big picture not playing ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-02-2014, 10:24 PM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2014, 10:07 PM)cdoublejj Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: as for PJ64 look at the later half of this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wqEFKTRu-8 I found the same issue earlier this year.
I'm not really sure what to do about that one since I don't use it and I'm not planning to, for the moment, as N64 games look hideous on HD screens. However, if you want to dig deeper you can check out the Project64 module for Hyperspin. It is essentially an autohotkey script and could give you ideas of workarounds the author did get around display issues. Those modules are meant to achieve seamless launching of emulated games from the Hyperspin front-end.

Here is the code, in case you don't have access to the forums there:
Spoiler:
By the way, last night I found I had lost all the banners from grid view, which makes me question my whole method. However the banners were there in Big Picture mode. Some people in forums have suggested to delete a Steam cache folder which I did, but that did not help. I did not spend too much time trying to correct this because I was testing my new video card but if I find the solution to the problem I'll let you know.

I only loose them if i quit steam to soon/quickly after just having added them. as far as PJ64 the only issue is not allowing different banners liek with dolphin, it's one banner or none you can't have a separate one for each non steam shortcut.

my tv is 720p it's happy medium. even GBA games on the wii via emulator look decent. i'd assume with AA and antriscropy or how ever you spell it, n64 games would look okay but, N64 emulation as a whole is broken hence the recent n64 open gl kickstarter/inidegogo.

so far i have dolphin and kega fusion set up via big picture. still to do are nes, snes, n64, ps 1 and ps2 and mame.

Oh maybe i was too far away to see it but, where is the close this game button in steam overlay?
(10-03-2014, 11:57 PM)cdoublejj Wrote: [ -> ]I only loose them if i quit steam to soon/quickly after just having added them. as far as PJ64 the only issue is not allowing different banners liek with dolphin, it's one banner or none you can't have a separate one for each non steam shortcut.

my tv is 720p it's happy medium. even GBA games on the wii via emulator look decent. i'd assume with AA and antriscropy or how ever you spell it, n64 games would look okay but, N64 emulation as a whole is broken hence the recent n64 open gl kickstarter/inidegogo.

so far i have dolphin and kega fusion set up via big picture. still to do are nes, snes, n64, ps 1 and ps2 and mame.

Oh maybe i was too far away to see it but, where is the close this game button in steam overlay?

I think I had lost the banners because I renamed the folder where I had dolphin, even though I did go into each game property screen and updated the new location there. I'll be able to tell over the next few days.

I'm assuming you tried the same methodology I described for PJ64 games? I'm at a loss on that one. The older system games should not look bad with filtering option enabled.

About the steam overlay, make sure you try this while in Big Picture mode. In regular view, the overlay doesn't show an option to close the game. In Big Picture mode the overlay is completely different and the first screen that pops up shows an option for closing the game. It will warn you that forcing the game shut will cause you to lose unsaved progress, which is obvious.

I hope this helps.
yeah i found the big picture exit game option.

Yeah the Pj64 thing is weird i might have try it again since steam is always being updated.
Pages: 1 2