Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [UNOFFICIAL] Dolphin Ishiruka - Async Full Shader Compilation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, community i developed with my friend Rodolfo a great feature for gamers that hate the slowdowns because sahders compilation.
This feature has different modes and allow play full speed in DX11 to games affected with shaders compialtion time.
This feature is only for gamers likes the speed, some modes can produce a little glitchs the first time but anyway you love the speed.
Additionaly that fix FZERO loops in dc mode and MP 1, 2, 3 Fifo Resets.

Enjoy, and remember this version is only for complement Master is not trying to replace this.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ka-dolphin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_AmnTM76A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li28qvfnSkM

Latest version:
EDIT by neobrain: Link removed. See the linked thread for binaries.
@marcosvitali: Mind shortening the thread title? It´s way too long and give an error when replying. Tongue

Interesting, will test the thing.
Thanks for the advice!
I can confirm that gameplay in Luigi´s Mansion has gone smooth somehow with ASC enabled (does not stutter/freeze anymore when rendering lightnings), but in Mario Kart Double Dash it somehow slows down the game a bit (like 5 FPS at most).
Can we get the same setting for OpenGL as well or is it a D3D11 feature only?

First time shader compilation is my biggest pet peeve about Dolphin today. Nothing like showing off to your old friends how great those Gamecube games look and run on my master race PC only to have it be a stuttery mess because of all the shaders being calculated and locking up the render thread.
Amazing, this should be Master Branch, playing Mario Kart Wii without hangs is AMAZING.

WOW, even RE:The Darkside Chronicles is now playable.

This should be the way to go.

Implement this in OpenGL PLEASE.
This is obviously a feature we'd want in Master, but the Ishiiruka branch and Master are so different by this point, someone would have to port the change over. IF that happens, I'm sure there would be HUGE interest to get it merged. It's just finding someone to do the work now that the code is out there Smile
Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Ghost Squad are greatly improved too.
(09-27-2014, 01:09 PM)beatlep Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing, this should be Master Branch, playing Mario Kart Wii without hangs is AMAZING.

WOW, even RE:The Darkside Chronicles is now playable.

This should be the way to go.

Implement this in OpenGL PLEASE.

beatlep: RE Unmbrella was my inspiration, becaause was unplayable. Shader compilation in Opengl in the past was not thread safe, wa was reading about the new drivers are threads safe but i dont know, open gl compilation is vendor depandant, if it is posible will be implemented, anyway in windows ishiruka dx11 is better than GL in perfomance, I think so. There is many optimizations included part of galops optimizations was merged in dx11 ishiruka.
I discovered Time Stretching in sound options too Smile

Async Full Shader Compilation and sound Time Stretching should be in Master Branch, i think.
This would be perfect for the less powerful PCs.

This options with the 26% of better performance in Jit Core would be amazing.
Pages: 1 2