Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my laptop good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Windows 7, 64 bit .HP pavillion g4, intel core i5-3210M CPU @2.50 ghz 2.50 ghz. Ram: 4 GB, Graphics: intel hd graphics 4000, Radeon HD 7670 M
Gamecube game like Wario World works perfectly fine with 1fps skipping however wii games Ive tried so far is Donkey Kong country returns and it was just horrible is my laptop really that bad?
DKCR is somehow more demanding than Wario World. Mobile CPUs can´t handle most games at full speed (the story would be different if you had a Haswell model like i5-4200M).
So does this mean my laptop cant play any wii games? Cause if thats the case then Im considering buying a gaming laptop would that make a difference?
If you have enough budget, a gaming laptop is a good option (mainly because it has two heatsinks instead of one like in multimedia laptops).

Your laptop can run light weight games (SSBB).
(09-27-2014, 12:29 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have enough budget, a gaming laptop is a good option (mainly because it has two heatsinks instead of one like in multimedia laptops).

Your laptop can run light weight games (SSBB).

thnx for the prompt reply. Will I be able to play new supermario bros wii or punchout?
NSMBW will also do well on your current specs, it´s lightweight too (except maybe for using EFB to RAM which is needed for the animation of the coins, however most people sacrifice that feature).
Thanks again for your reply. Since I can't find the list of wii lightweight games out there. I'm surprised that you said SSMB is a lightweight game I thought the graphics were more demanding than DKR. I'll just list the games I want to play and if you can tell me whether it will work fine with my laptop. Cartoon network punchtime explosion, New Supermario bros, Wii grandslam, Epic Mickey, Punchout, Wario shake it, Supermario galaxy 1 and 2 and mad world.
Both SMG titles will run very slow, those are the most known examples of demanding titles.

People here use the categories lightweight, medium and demanding to refer to how the games force Dolphin to use your resources. Some are GPU demanding (Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash), others CPU demanding (SMG 1 & 2) and others are demanding on both sides (The Last Story).

Can´t tell you more about your games other than NSMBW and SMG since I don´t play/have them.
(09-28-2014, 12:51 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Both SMG titles will run very slow, those are the most known examples of demanding titles.

People here use the categories lightweight, medium and demanding to refer to how the games force Dolphin to use your resources. Some are GPU demanding (Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash), others CPU demanding (SMG 1 & 2) and others are demanding on both sides (The Last Story).

Can´t tell you more about your games other than NSMBW and SMG since I don´t play/have them.

So I can't play Super Mario Sunshine or Double Dash?
Yes, but they´ll run somehow slow and you won´t be able to use any graphic enhacements (higher IR, antialiasing...).
Pages: 1 2