Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: System unresponsive after reboot and starting Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-30-2014, 01:35 AM)deeluna Wrote: [ -> ]If you were to actually read what I wrote there, My computer is up to date... it came with Service pack 1 when I installed. but alright I will try running the DirectX web updater soon. as much as I hate web installers.

It was just confusing to me as to what you meant, and I was just looking for clarification Smile The web installer for DirectX is one of the best I've encountered, but yes, they usually are junk.

This is quite the odd issue. Here are a few things to try that I could think of.
1) check under the Dolphin config that you have skip GC bios. I know you get the same issue for Wii, but maybe something is being funky
2) enable Render to main window under graphics so that Dolphin will try to render just to itself rather than fill up your whole screen
3) if you have Enable fullscreen turned on, try turning it off (use in conjunction with #2)
4) change the graphics backend to software and see if anything happens
5) if you have a spare computer or a friend (running windows), copy your Dolphin folder from your computer to his (the one located under C:\Users\<user>\Documents) and see if the same issue is happening.

edit: spelling and #5
I have already tried 1,2,3, and 4. (sorry for not mentioning these earlier) Tried directx9, Directx11, and Open GL, same results. 5 is pointless for two reasons. One I deleted that folder hoping to get it to return to default. and two As I have no other computer that is fast enough (or modern enough) to do replicate the conditions. Not to mention my friend that would have a strong computer doesn't do emulation as he is basically running direct hardware like I used to do. (and his computer is the exact opposite of mine, I7 with Nvidia graphics where mine is an AMD system) I always played the games in a window and now it just goes straight to black screen regardless of any settings I change as soon as any game is launched. Every directx related game I have tried (that isn't related to Dolphin) after the fact, that is installed on this system, runs fine.
Ugh, I'm running out of ideas. But it's clear at this point that there's something with your system that isn't playing nice with Dolphin. Now we just have to find it

1) Check to make sure your AMD drivers aren't forcing any enhancements
2) Did you try uninstalling all versions of Visual C++ and then reinstalling them? x32 and x64?
3) This one would be very time consuming and something I would only do as a last resort: either use a spare hard drive you have lying around or partition your hard drive (you can undo partitioning using a program like EaseUS partition manager), and then install Windows 7 to that partition. Install all the drivers necessary, and then run Dolphin. If it works, then it means there's a system issue with your current windows install.
Alright
1:no unusual settings (I uninstalled and reinstalled my display drivers and same issue.
2: If PCSX2 uses visual studio c++ wouldn't the issue carry over? and on that note no change (that was tedious)
3: Why not just give up and install linux other than the AMD APU I use. (Driver hell) I will try that as I am getting sick of windows anyway. When I can get a hold of a second hard drive and sata cables. I don't like repartitioning hard drives, especially a windows one as it loves to stick files in specific clusters that should never be moved and it destroyed the system if they are moved.

So basically this issue will remain unsolved. kinda a drag.
1) bummer
2) idk, PCSX2 and Dolphin could use different parts
3) Yeah, driver hell for AMD

Sorry we can't help fix the issue
Hey we tried and it was fun for the day I was able to enjoy it. I nostalgiaed hard for windwaker while I was able to play it. Now if I could pull off partitioning my Wii hard drive to FAT32 I'd be in business with Dios Mios (sort of works for some games.)
Pages: 1 2