Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Micro-Freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I suffer micro-freezing during my gameplay(local, no online) in any game, the game stop respond for a half second, I read many of post that suggest Shader cache, nvidia drivers problem, resolutions performance problems, try everything and the continuous random micro-freezing still occur, one day during playing guitar hero 6 I experiment this micro-freezing and for 15min the problem gone and came again, so what happen in that 15min, after break my brain and use CSI techniques I found that thanks to my ISP internet connection down for 15 min, after then I try this crazy theory and the results with the game windows opens is internet up = Micro-freezing, disconnecting internet = smooth gameplay. I try shut-down every program that uses internet\network services still problem persist only the total disconnection of the internet solve the micro-freezing, also try both windows default driver and last vendor driver for Ethernet controller still no differences. This micro-freezing only affect Dolphin no another game or software even another emulators like pcsx2 are affected.
So how I could solve this issue.
It sounds like it's a problem with your machine. Maybe some kind of essential driver or the OS itself is causing the issue. It don't think it can be Dolphin.
OK I create a windows firewall in\out rule to block the dolphin connect to internet, a message when star playing guitar hero is "cannot connect to wii wi-fi" and indeed feel the improve, the micro-freezing little happens, maybe now is the shader cache. Maybe more people that suffer that they calling lag give a try to this to probe if work for him complaints.