Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4770k + 770gtx fps drop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there!

My 770 gtx don't use all his power also when my fps drop under 60.
When I remove AA or using lower IR I gain some fps so I think the problem is the GPU.

WIN7
I7 4770K @4.1ghz + 770gtx

Dolphin 4.0.2 all default, DSP LLE, EFB to Texture

On nvidia panel performance mode is already selected.
All is working well with normal 3d games.

For example on SMG1:

With DX11 (IRx4 4xAA 16 sample) I am almost always stable at 60 FPS but with some slow down on minimum 55 FPS for example when you start to play and you are in the front of the star map or when you take a red star to fly.
With OpenGL (IRx4 4xSSAA) I am at 40/45 FPS with drop on 30, and seems that looking at lights (like the big one in the main planet) kill the FPS. If I remove the SSAA the game is almost always at 60 but I still have some minor slow down.

I read that with VertexHack OpenGL should be faster than DX11 for nvidia cards so something is wrong I think.

Just to understand, should my system be stable at 60 FPS on OpenGL IRx4 4xSSAA with almost every game right?
Why my GPU isn't using more power?

Thanks
LLE is no longer needed for SMG and other Zelda Ucode games; they´re playable now on HLE: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

And for the GPU, create a high performance profile for Dolphin on NVidia CP.
The problem is the same also with HLE, I already set the performance mode for dolphin.exe on nvidia control panel.

I get 40/45 FPS with OpenGL (IRx4 4xSSAA) on SMG, my GPU hit a max of 65/70% of power.
It's because you're using 4.0.2 try the latest development build.
(09-26-2014, 11:29 AM)Corvino Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is the same also with HLE, I already set the performance mode for dolphin.exe on nvidia control panel.

I get 40/45 FPS with OpenGL (IRx4 4xSSAA) on SMG, my GPU hit a max of 65/70% of power.

If you do the math of what a crazy resolution IRx4 4xSSAA is equivalent to it is not surprising.
(09-26-2014, 12:17 PM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]It's because you're using 4.0.2 try the latest development build.

I already tried the latest build!

(09-26-2014, 12:26 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2014, 11:29 AM)Corvino Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is the same also with HLE, I already set the performance mode for dolphin.exe on nvidia control panel.

If you do the math of what a crazy resolution IRx4 4xSSAA is equivalent to it is not surprising.

No, my 770gtx should manage it...I get 40/45 FPS and it is using just 60/70% of his total power.

I am here to understand why Dolphin doesn't push it to his limit when needed.
You have to understand just because it is 60-70% doesn't mean some aspect of the GPU isn't maxed out. Dolphin stresses out a ton of factors that normal games don't, so even if your GPU is chugging, you may not see 100% usage because we're only using certain parts of the card.
No, in dolphin the gpu should be 99% when you get slow down...my fps drop because when using higher AA my GPU don't go over 60/70% power when on DX11 or OpenGL!

If I use DX9 IRx4 9xSSAA my 770gtx use 99% of his power and I get 30/35 FPS.

So for sure I should be pretty stable at 60 FPS on OpenGL IRx4 4xSSAA.
If you're not going to listen and try things, have fun, I'm not going to waste my time trying to help you narrow it down.
(09-26-2014, 06:34 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're not going to listen and try things, have fun, I'm not going to waste my time trying to help you narrow it down.

You are saying that my card is at his limit using dolphin...that's not the case.
Someone more expert here can tell you better.

770gtx can handle IRx4 and 4xSSAA without drop for sure...and if this isn't true so a lot of post/thread here aren't.
Pages: 1 2