Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A couple of questions w/dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have a couple of questions with dolphin.

The first is, I'm considering purchasing the Mayflash Dolphin Bar so I can buy some newer Black wiimotes to Match my htpc and not worry about the tr-crap and attaching the wonky motion plus block anymore.

I want to know, does the Dolphin Bar fix the wiimote speaker static problem on Dolphin, or is that an emulator issue? Someone on the HyperSpin forums stated it does, but I wanted to confirm here with people from the official forum.

Second question is, I have a rather beefy system running Dolphin:i5 4670k@ 4.4ghz/GTX 770 OCéd Video Card.

Is there any way to stop or remedy the framerate drops that happen when video cache's are written to the Dolphin folder when playing a game for the first time?

I mean I get 0 drops with areas of game's I've already played through already but if I'm running through a new area, it happens. It really ruins the first time playthrough. Will doing something like storing my rips and Dolphin on an ssd stop this? It is the only gripe I have with Dolphin, other than that it is a fantastic piece of software.
DolphinBar doesn't fix the Wiimote Speaker audio; It's a limitation of bluetooth timings I think?

You can't do anything about the Shadercache drops yet. There's a few ideas, but nothing really has come to fruition.