Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and Windows 8.1 = lagg?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
is it ok, that dolphin only uses my internal hd graphics? if i choose my gfx, it crashes on game start up.....
Yes it is, you could also try downgrading your nvidia drivers and installing a significantly earlier version, i had to do the same with my laptop to use it in dolphin.
Don't use the drop down in Dolphin to choose your adapter. In the Nvidia Control panel set a profile for dolphin to use the Nvidia gpu
is that the option where i force my notebook to use the nvidia for several programs????
i used msconfig to set the number of cores from 8 to 4.... is that the correct way to deactivate hyperthreading? cant find those options in my bios :/
Search our forums for the laptop performance guide, it will show you how and explain why.

Setting msconfig from 8 to 4 turns off two physical cores I think. So you would be running as dual core with hyper threading. I'm not sure if that's right, so if anyone else knows better......?
Shouldn´t HT be disabled through BIOS?
Yeah, HT can be turned off in BIOS, or at least it should be.

The msconfig thing prevents the cores from starting up in windows, you'll want to put it back on 8
Most notebook BIOSes doesn't allow disabling/enabling HyperThreading...
Huh, thought it was universal to have it.
Pages: 1 2 3