Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Everything is the wrong color on Linux with Open Source AMD drivers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to run Dolphin on Linux with an AMD APU, the A6-6400K. Understandably it's a bit slow, but the issue I'm seeing is that the games are completely miscolored. Super Mario Sunshine has pretty odd colors, and Wind Waker is all painted cyan.

Pre-rendered intros, menues etc look fine, but in-game is all weird.

Any ideas what this might be?
So you spent five minutes on the forum without reading the rules. Please add the following to your post or it'll be closed.
Quote:When creating new threads about Dolphin, always provide your full PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System), information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, etc), Dolphin settings and detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run and a screenshot/video of the issue if necessary). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.
I'm sorry, I'll fill that stuff out then. But why is it all in the registration form if it doesn't show up somewhere when I post?

(09-23-2014, 05:01 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]So you spent five minutes on the forum without reading the rules. Please add the following to your post or it'll be closed.
Quote:When creating new threads about Dolphin, always provide your full PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System), information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, etc), Dolphin settings and detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run and a screenshot/video of the issue if necessary). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.
Because a lot of people that register don't fill them out, so it was made into a rule.

Try updating to the latest Dolphin dev build and see if the issue is still there.
(09-23-2014, 05:33 PM)ghallberg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I'll fill that stuff out then. But why is it all in the registration form if it doesn't show up somewhere when I post?
Please read further than just the first couple of words. I've seen your specs; but this is not about that. There are too many people that create a thread without providing the necessary information. If you wish to get support, then at least adhere to the rules.
Yes, your specs and build are in your profile, but more often than not people forget to update them. With new builds coming out every couple of hours the build you have in your profile is most likely out of date unless you keep it updated.

These question really don't have to get asked all the time; it's all there in the "what you need to provide before you create a thread" part:
- What build are you using? (In case you haven't updated as per KHg8m3rs suggestion, then try that and report back)
- What are your settings?
- Screenshots of the issue?
- What drivers are you using (and version)?
I'm using the default settings, running the latest git-version from AUR on Arch Linux.

I'm using the open source Radeon driver, the one in the Arch repos which is most probably the latest stable one.

I'm sorry if I came of as a rude bugger, I just threwout a quick question at work, hoping it was a known issue and someone would point me in the right direction, but I guess that kind of stuff is better done on IRC.

I'm not able to get a screenshot or get the exact config right now, but I'll update later if necessary.

Thanks for taking your time in educating me and helping out despite the bad start.
Nah, you didn't come off as rude to me, you gave the initial information that's of interest anyway; Open Source AMD Drivers on Linux. That statement is enough to make me fearful of problems...

Consider trying the regular drivers and if they work, maybe report this at whoever manages the open source drivers page?
I'll do that at some point, but installing the flgrx driver is such a pain (there's a reason I don't use it now...).

The open source drivers should really become the standard soon, they're just SO much better in every way except 3D graphics, and they're catching up on that front as well.

I was going to report it to the devs at some point if you don't have an answer, but it's the only program that's shown this kind of issue yet so I went here first.
Dolphin uses a lot of features that aren't common in regular games.
Mhm, I'll go talk to some radeon people.
Pages: 1 2