Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ZTP mini map help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys.
ive got all my dolphin settings on high and im playing the game at 100%
as soon as i change the texture to ram to fix the mini map it goes extremely slow like 60%
also when i turn the texture cache to safe it also slows the game down too.

with both of them set to the recommended settings to make the mini map work i have to put my settings down to x2 native
which isnt bad but would rather get the full experience with everything on high

so is there anyway to get the minimap to work or is ram/safe the only way?
(09-23-2014, 11:14 AM)HellsD3mise Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys.
ive got all my dolphin settings on high and im playing the game at 100%
as soon as i change the texture to ram to fix the mini map it goes extremely slow like 60%
also when i turn the texture cache to safe it also slows the game down too.

with both of them set to the recommended settings to make the mini map work i have to put my settings down to x2 native
which isnt bad but would rather get the full experience with everything on high

so is there anyway to get the minimap to work or is ram/safe the only way?

Those settings are set by default as long as you don't open the graphics config while ingame, why you even bother to set them manually...
(09-23-2014, 11:14 AM)HellsD3mise Wrote: [ -> ]so is there anyway to get the minimap to work or is ram/safe the only way?

EFB to RAM and Texture Cache to Safe is the only way.

Also, you're getting slowdowns because your CPU is old and weak. You could try the latest development build to get a free speed-up, the current development build is around 20-30% faster than stable 4.0.2 release.
ive actually got a brand new AMD FX 4300 quad core 3.8GHz
i dont believe that is old and weak.

but thanks ill try the latest development build

EDIT: The development build works great. 100% in hyrule field at full graphics. thanks
It is old (and weak like almost any other AMD processor), that specific model was released 2 years ago and is based on Piledriver.

The reason you´re getting full speed on ZTP HF is because of a special patch that helps remove the slowdowns while in that area.
(09-24-2014, 06:50 AM)HellsD3mise Wrote: [ -> ]ive actually got a brand new AMD FX 4300 quad core 3.8GHz
i dont believe that is old and weak.

Dolphin is a dual core application and AMD has very low IPC rate when compared to Intel (you can take a look at Dolphin's POVRay benchmark for more details). Any recent Core i3 based in Haswell architecture or the Pentium Anniversary Edition (G3258) easily outperforms your AMD CPU in Dolphin (and are cheaper). In fact, even if you overclock your current CPU to around 5 GHz, most low-cost Haswell-based processors from Intel would be faster for Dolphin (and for other emulators as well, most of them relies in raw CPU power)...