Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Increasing JITIL framerate (Wimm's MKF help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nategorga

Hi, I'm trying to get Wimm's Mario Kart Fun working on Dolphin. I understand that this mod is particularly problematic, but I've seen videos of people using Dolphin to play with no problems.
I'm using the JITIL engine since JIT doesn't work with this mod. However, my framerate is abysmal. On certain maps, I can average at around 30fps with only momentary lag spikes. But on most, I'm lucky to get 15.
In comparison, an untreated version of Mario Kart Wii averages around 30-60fps using the JIT engine.

I'm running Dolphin 4.0-1641 on Windows 8.1 x64. Intel i7 processor, 8gb of RAM and an Nvidia Geforce GT450M graphics card.

I've tried all of the typical "speed-up" options (dual-core, idle skipping, frame skipping) to no avail. I even downloaded a special "fp-reciprocal" version of the Dolphin executable from an old support thread on google code claiming that it could possibly help fix some of JIT's bugginess with certain games. This was all after spending about two hours trying to get CTGP Revolution to work, only to find out that it isn't compatible with Dolphin at all.

At this point, it seems I have two options: run MKF at a terrible framerate or don't run it at all. I'm hoping somebody can prove me wrong.

If MKF won't work correctly in Dolphin, is there ANY way to get any distro of CTGP working well in Dolphin, or will I have to use ISO injection and be limited to 32 tracks if I want custom Mario Kart Maps?
Tell the developers of the mod to stop doing dumb things to block Dolphin from using their mod if you want it.
AFAIK, one of the hacks purposefully tried to break Dolphin support. I don't know if Wiimm's does. If he wants to fix it, he just needs to clear the icache or something?

nategorga

But what confuses me is the fact that some people have clearly gotten it to work without a cinch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKe5n-Z3-kQ
Probably because that video is 9 months old

nategorga

Yes, but if he was able to get it running 9 months ago then I see no reason why it would be impossible to do now.
It'll still glitch out after a race, usually.
The mod (if it's the one I'm thinking of?) does some rather icky (and incorrect) things, like self-modifying code that doesn't flush the instruction cache.
That's the mod you looked at.