Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I run Dolphin smoothly and these games smoothly? SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FireSparky

Alright, I'd like to know if I could run the following games at a considerable speed (60 fps would be nice). It would be really awesome if someone could tell me the recommended config that I should use, thanks!:

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii and GC version)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Xenoblade Chronicles.

Specs (Also in signature):

Processor Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Video Card AMD Radeon HD 5670
Memory 6.2 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Wind waker will definitely run fine.
Brawl most likely will be fine.
Xenoblade and TP probably won't run full speed.

To get the best performance, use the latest dev builds, as they're about 30% faster than the stable builds

FireSparky

(09-22-2014, 11:53 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Wind waker will definitely run fine.
Brawl most likely will be fine.
Xenoblade and TP probably won't run full speed.

To get the best performance, use the latest dev builds, as they're about 30% faster than the stable builds

Thanks for the reply! Would Dolphin 4.0-3340 be a good enough dev build?

Also, will Xenoblade and TP be at least playable?
(09-22-2014, 12:24 PM)FireSparky Wrote: [ -> ]...

Yes, that build is fine.

Depends on what your idea of playable means. If you can deal with like 90% speed with some slightly messed up audio, then yes. The OpenAL backend with time-stretch will help deal with some of the audio issues.

FireSparky

(09-22-2014, 12:49 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2014, 12:24 PM)FireSparky Wrote: [ -> ]...

Yes, that build is fine.

Depends on what your idea of playable means. If you can deal with like 90% speed with some slightly messed up audio, then yes. The OpenAL backend with time-stretch will help deal with some of the audio issues.

That's practically my definition of playable. Basically, I should be able to play the game at a decent speed and be able to finish the game. I don't really mind audio that much. Looks like I can run everything fine! Thanks for the help! Big Grin
No prob.
Happy playing

FireSparky

Been playing Wind Waker, running it at full frames Big Grin

Gonna be testing Xenoblade tomorrow, thank you so much for the help! (If this were Reddit, I'd give you gold.)