Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how do I fix my FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Atherios

Even when I play GameCube games I play with 13 FPS in big maps. If I play Wii games I get only 7 FPS. How do i fix it?
If needed, here are my settings and System information.
Have you try changing the backend to direct3d? Also enable external frame buffer in virtual and use the 1 native resolution. I can play gamecube and wii games at 100% speed and 60fps even with an intel hd 3000 you should have no problems.
Any specific games having this problem? What version of Dolphin are you using? Your AMD chip is not very fast in terms of Dolphin performance but those numbers are little low even for it.
Try the latest developer version of dolphin from the downloads area currently 4.0-3338 i read those version 30% faster than the stable 4.0.2 version, also your amd fx processor might be a bit slow for some of the games you are playing

try the xaudio2 backend for audio

opengl usually faster unless you are having compatibility issues with some of the games
you could also try unchecking the open mp option

Atherios

Thanks for all the answers but my problem still isnt solved
@ DZCreeper yes its Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros Brawl (not tried others); I use Dolphin 4.0.2

please help me Sad
Dont use 4.0.2, try the latest development version works great:
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Yep i said to get the latest version of dolphin if you still arent getting good fps then its ur pc Zelda TP is a demanding game in certain areas so the performance your getting might be normal getting the latest developer version may help you with Super Smash Bros Brawl . You should not be using dolphin 4.0.2 in this case.
(09-22-2014, 08:48 AM)talos91 Wrote: [ -> ]Dont use 4.0.2, try the latest development version works great:
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

yeah, according to OP's profile he's running a 32-bit windows and support for that was dropped long ago.. Pretty sure all builds are now 64-bit only as far as windows goes

>unless that actually doesnt matter
You are correct, it seems like he only has 32 bit Windows. He really should reinstall windows as 64 bit, as his key is good for both 32 and 64 bit