Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Single window mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MINIMAN10000

I've tried searching around but I'm not finding resulting in me not knowing if it does or does not exist due to this I'm posting it in support.

Does it exist?
By default dolphin has two windows. The first window launches the games has options to pause and all emulator related options. The second window is the actual game emulation itself. Is it possible to run only game emulation window and not have the launcher in the background? I've looked around but I haven't been able to come across any method to perform this but maybe I just don't know about it.

If it doesn't exist
Well I would make the suggestion that it be added because it is something I would love to see. Just launch the icon on my desktop and have the game come up as per -exec and only have the game window

But why?
For me the biggest thing is I want to be able to launch the game play it and then be able to press esc hit yes I want to end emulation and be back at my desktop but as it stands I have to also close the second window and I'd really love to be able to streamline this.
Render to main window in graphics settings. I don't see why closing two windows is such a big deal; but, the option is there to combine it.

MINIMAN10000

Alright cool thanks.

To get rid of the secondary window

Graphics - General - Other - Render to Main Window

This brings me to have a bar on the top and bottom while in game so I now work towards removing these.

To get rid of the bottom bar ( Status Bar )

View - Status Bar

To get rid of the top bar ( Menus )

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-hi...n-revision
As per this thread it sounds like the only current work around it to break the first step which is to re disable render to main window

Other issue when you hit esc and end emulation this brings you back to window 1 rather than closing out the program entirely defeating the purpose of getting rid of the second window in the first place.

Current workaround use alt+f4 to close out