Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this run dolphin fine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

michaeltrain22

Intel i3 4160 (Standard Haswell, Dual Core, 3.6 Ghz), Nvidia 750ti, 2x2GB Ram, Windows 7 64-bit. Specifically, could it run Melee, Project M, and Metroid Prime? I'm considering getting an i3 4330 instead, which is the refreshed Haswell version. Or perhaps I should hold out for an i5? Even if it's the lowest end Haswell i5? And will the graphics card (which is 2GB GDDR5, 128-bit bus) be adequate for the aforementioned games? Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.
The i3-4160 has 100 more mhz than the i3-4330, so it will be that much faster Tongue Both will play almost every game except the most demanding games, like The Last Story
Melee and brawl/PM definitely, but I think Metroid prime still requires an overclocked CPU to run, even with the recent speed increases.

If you can get an i5-4690K and a Z97 motherboard, that would be ideal.

The 750 Ti should get around 4x IR with some AA/AF

michaeltrain22

I'm a bit confused; It will run Melee and Brawl/PM? Or are those demanding like TLA?
Sorry, confusing wording Tongue
Melee and Brawl/PM will run totally fine

michaeltrain22

Ah, just making sure. Thanks for the help! I'm building this PC soon and can't wait to play Project M on it.