Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound Skips on Pikmin 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hypokill

Not sure if it's my computer, or some sort of settings I can change in Dolphin.. but the sound skips on Pikmin 2 and it's very irritating to listen to, the wind will blow and skip as if you were watching a movie and the disk was scratched.

I have two speakers hooked up to a subwoofer (this cannot be changed) and I have tried OpenAL, NullSound, Dsound and have checked and unchecked all options, half the time it seems like the sound is trying to kick in, because the sound is just barely coming out of the second speaker, while the first has no problems, then it plays loud on the second speaker, for about half a second and goes back to skipping continuously.

Any help?
These issues are due to the imperfections of the sound emulation; there's limited documentation that's been released from Nintendo about it. Some games sound almost perfect, like Super Smash Brothers Melee, but then again, games like Tales of Symphonia are missing channels/instruments. What are your settings in the emulator, and what are your computer specs (CPU/video/OS/ETC)?