Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Acting Weird On My System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
you can look at my profile and see my specs. In twilight princess in faron woods i only get 20 fps i have every thing on default accept efb copies so i can see the map this makes the game really hard to play when i am only getting 20 fps any help will be helpful

i am a noob when it comes dolphin
Your hardware is way too weak. Switch to the new development builds as you will see a decent performance boost but that's about all you can do.
(09-20-2014, 07:33 AM)yl-smash Wrote: [ -> ]Your hardware is way too weak. Switch to the new development builds as you will see a decent performance boost but that's about all you can do.

i see people playing it on laptops so i dont think so but i dont know a 750 is way more then enough to run dolphin and i have ran it before on a 2.05 ghz quad core (amd cpu) with a 6570 and it ran at 20 fps all the time so i really dont think its gpu or cpu related maybe ram but i just checked the clocks and its running at 2000 mhz dual channel
RAM doesn´t have anything to do with Dolphin performance (unless you´re under 1GB).
(09-20-2014, 07:51 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]RAM doesn´t have anything to do with Dolphin performance (unless you´re under 1GB).

well if i go into a building i get 30 fps as soon as i get out it drops to 20 i have disabled enabled AA and AF it does not matter unless i go over 16x AA and i have not gotten farther to tell you if it happens any where else.
Not talking about your GPU, it's your CPU. In any case, update to the newest dev build.
Your CPU is old and weak and Twilight Princess is a demanding game. Dolphin relies mostly in CPU, so, it doesn't matter how powerful your GPU is, it doesn't matter the amount or how fast your RAM is, your CPU is weak and that's why you're getting slowdowns with Twilight Princess. Your last resorts are overclocking your CPU and testing the recent development builds, they're faster than the current stable release. If even then you get slowdowns, only a new system will solve your performance issues...
(09-20-2014, 12:36 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is old and weak and Twilight Princess is a demanding game. Dolphin relies mostly in CPU, so, it doesn't matter how powerful your GPU is, it doesn't matter the amount or how fast your RAM is, your CPU is weak and that's why you're getting slowdowns with Twilight Princess. Your last resorts are overclocking your CPU and testing the recent development builds,
they're faster than the current stable release. If even then you get slowdowns, only a new system will solve your performance issues...

so what is the cheapest cpu i can get away with in a new build i am assuming a G3258 would do fine if i over clocked to 4.1 ghz i cant over clock this rig its a store bought pc (not mine it was gave to me and i put a 750 in it) any suggestions
Get a Z97 board and a G3258 and overclock to like 4.6/4.7. It will be on par with the i5-4690K /i7-4790K at the same clock rate. (Dolphin is dual core, the faster your 2 cores are......etc, etc.)

if you live near a Micro Center you can get them for like $100, if not then its only like $150 with the cheapest Z97 board I could look up in 2 minutes on pcpartpicker.com