Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL = Screen Tearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Same, that's why I'm trying to narrow down the results by attempting to factor out an issue with the Nvidia drivers. Also, this windows install is only a few weeks old and hasn't been crapped up yet so I do hope it's not some sort of system error.........

Doing a full uninstall of the drivers didn't help. Tried rolling back all the way to 332.21 and everything inbetween, but no luck.

I did play with the texture cache slider though, and found that it wasn't as bad on safe as it was on fast.
This post made me check something else: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-sc...#pid341087

When using my Intel HD 4600, there is no screen tearing, only when using the Nvidia
^I will test the integrated graphics as well to see what happens and post back. I also have the intel 4600 graphics.

(10-01-2014, 11:36 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2014, 09:25 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]...we tested and confirmed that the tearing isn't there in revisions before it was introduced in OGL.
We who? I, JMC47, Link_to_the_past, many of the devs (as far as I know) and some other users still doesn't get any tearing in OGL. I'm not saying the issue doesn't exist, I think we should figure first the real source of the problem (if really is Dolphin or some issue in the OS and/or GPU drivers) instead of randomly reverting new features introduced to Dolphin recently (like Exclusive Fullscreen)...

To be honest, I'm not asking you to revert. It obviously works for some people. My request would be an advanced option that allows us to disable in the config settings, if it's possible? That way those with the issue can have it fixed until the real problem is found.

EDIT: Well I tried intel HD and it works fine in fullscreen with no tearing, until I try to alt+enter out of it to see something else and it just resizes the game into the bottom left corner of the screen. I then have to kill the program via the task manager as nothing else works, I can't even see the start menu if I hit the win key or exit by hitting the esc key.
I'm not having the screen resize issue, but if I start a game and then once it loads close it with esc key and then try to launch the same game it shows a blank screen.

Also it looks likes someone made an issue report: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...ne&id=7671
(10-02-2014, 07:10 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not having the screen resize issue, but if I start a game and then once it loads close it with esc key and then try to launch the same game it shows a blank screen.

Also it looks likes someone made an issue report: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...ne&id=7671

Weird. I've found that intel drivers tend to have problems with games regardless, it's not like they're as good as the nvidia or amd ones, so yeah not exactly surprised to have issues with it here too. As long as I don't try to resize once it launches though it seems to run fine, so I'll use it for now. The only game it seems to struggle with after a quick test is Twilight Princess for GC (I don't own the Wii version), but other than that it seems okay.
(10-02-2014, 07:10 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Also it looks likes someone made an issue report: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...ne&id=7671

That was me. I made that when I started this thread. Either way, it looks like the problem is some combination of Nvidia drivers and OpenGL exclusive fullscreen, right? Especially with that topic someone else made just recently. So what should I try to find out what's causing the driver issue?
Gotcha.
I'm out of ideas also.
I have a GTX 760, and I haven't noticed any vsync issues as I've said before, but it seems very likely that a lot of NVIDIA setups are having problems.
It might just be select people on laptops using optimus
I asked about disabling Exclusive Fullscreen in OpenGL to the person who implemented it, and it turns out that the driver is handling everything, not Dolphin. There's nothing we can do about it, except disable it for everyone or no one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9