Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DolphinQt.exe won't run.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got DolphinQt to build by updating the submodules.
But DolphinQt.exe won't run.
And there are no instructions or mentions of it anywhere.

Quote:C:\SourceControl\dolphin\Binary\x64>dolphinQt
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platfo
rm plugin "windows".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

C:\SourceControl\dolphin\Binary\x64>
It was just added; I have no idea if it's prepared yet. It's the first baby step; I do know it can't run games yet.
It isn't ready for any kind of real use yet. As waddlesplash put it, it's the Qt equivalent of "hello world". And it doesn't work on windows yet, apparently.
Thanks for the report.
Yes, the Qt frontend currently does nothing. But developers need to be able to experiment with it.
The problem appears to be that it pulls in (at least) two dlls which dependency walker doesn't see...
You can install the Qt SDK if you want it to work right away, in any case I will update the submodule to fix this soon.
lol, I couldn't even get to compile
purpasmart96:
All you have to do is update git submodules and then compile like normal. Not really challenging...
Just curious: What is Qt, and what benefits can it provide Dolphin?
Qt is a GUI backend (like wxwidgets), but i dunno about the benefits
CarlKenner: It should be fixed here: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1117
Edit: It is now in master.
Thethiala: by getting rid of the much hated WX and moving to Qt, we might actually get some interface work from time to time since it won't be such a pain in the ass to work with!
Pages: 1 2 3