Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linux + Nvidia Driver + Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I have been using Dolphin for years, always the dev build, and i love it.

I have always used windows 7 x64 but lately decided to try Ubuntu x64 and i am thrilled with the performance but there is one issue i wanted to throw out here.

I notice that with the proprietary nvidia drivers installed on linux i get great performance and the games never crash, however there is a weird issue with the actual application. If you close a game and try to launch a new game, or launch a new game directly into full screen, or change some settings and open a new menu, dolphin will force quit. it does not happen with nouveau drivers, as far as i can tell or a basic driver in a virtual machine, it seems strictly limited to nvidia. When i launch the game from a terminal it usually kills back to the command line and either shows segmentation fault with no other output, or just a blank line. i can always relaunch the UI and move on, but its kind of annoying. again its not affecting gameplay or performance whatsoever, just weird bug? I have no logs at the moment.

Just a heads up to this issue again - thanks.
Probably using the latest stable driver right? Try the latest Beta driver, fixed it all for me using Arch Linux.
i tried stable 331 - 340, and beta 343, no changes.
Try running Dolphin from the commandline (just typ in dolphin-emu) and see what it tells you when it crashes.
(09-17-2014, 09:14 AM)Alex2190 Wrote: [ -> ]When i launch the game from a terminal it usually kills back to the command line and either shows segmentation fault with no other output, or just a blank line.
(09-20-2014, 01:35 AM)Alex2190 Wrote: [ -> ]When i launch the game from a terminal it usually kills back to the command line and either shows segmentation fault with no other output, or just a blank line.

Well I had this exact error too and using the latest Beta driver fixed it.
Try the latest official driver (a new one is released to enable support for the GTX 9xx series).

My knowledge stops here so if it still doesn't work, then I can't help you any further.