Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to multiple Dolphin Builds without Sharing Setup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i remember when i was using Dolphin 3.0xxx , i was able to have specific folders to each dolphin build for specific game and back then all the settings remained independent from each other...after installing 4.0 and keeping the same practice as before (specific releases for specific game) ive noticed that things like graphics , controllers , Game Paths...etc... those settings are shared between all my separate dolphin builds...this has been a bit of an annoyance , so was wondering how to fix this simple manner...
make a file called portable.txt in the running directory of Dolphin
Create an empty text file in the folder where Dolphin.exe named "portable.txt". Dolphin will then use the folder it is in to store the settings.
tyvm for the information it worked great now i just have to config em all again D: , but no biggie now i can have specific setups for each of the games i have Smile :

metroid trilogy , smgalaxy 2 , monster hunter tri and no more heroes Big Grin

happy times Big Grin
You don't need whole separate setups.
What do you want separate between them? All the settings can be overwritten by the game INI file: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game